Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gutshotdraw

ZERT Wilson CQB User
In the "worst kept secret" category, Gulfstream Aerospace will formally announce their new aircraft tomorrow, March 13th, at 9:00 AM Eastern.

Expect the so-called "wide-body" Gulfstream to boast a range of around 7000 NM, cruise speed of at least .85M, improved fuel specifics, Planeview cockpit with HUD/EVS II standard with synthetic vision at some point in the future, many of the same systems as on previous Gulfstreams, the trademark Gulfstream windows, and a list price just south of $50 million completed.

I also expect Netjets to have a firm order of around 10 airframes with options for more (yes, they will be operated by NJI) and a planned certification date in early 2010.

I don't know if this is the "big" announcement Captain Dad was talking about but it is a big announcement nonetheless.

Let the fireworks begin .....

Is it a derivative of the G4xx or G5xx?

and personally I don't care until year 14 - just curious.

In a word, yes.

Gutshowdras, is this official (the part about NetJets buying 10 of those things)???

That would be nice to see, those machines wearing the Netjets makeup.

In the "worst kept secret" category, Gulfstream Aerospace will formally announce their new aircraft tomorrow, March 13th, at 9:00 AM Eastern.

Expect the so-called "wide-body" Gulfstream to boast a range of around 7000 NM, cruise speed of at least .85M, improved fuel specifics, Planeview cockpit with HUD/EVS II standard with synthetic vision at some point in the future, many of the same systems as on previous Gulfstreams, the trademark Gulfstream windows, and a list price just south of $50 million completed.

I also expect Netjets to have a firm order of around 10 airframes with options for more (yes, they will be operated by NJI) and a planned certification date in early 2010.

I don't know if this is the "big" announcement Captain Dad was talking about but it is a big announcement nonetheless.

From what I hear, it wont matter if its A or I in a few months.:laugh:

Sorry, not trying to jack your thread, but, it was sooo nice not hearing from an "A" side thug about the BS.

Great news for all G drivers. Sounds like its going to be filled with many improvements.

Gutshowdras, is this official (the part about NetJets buying 10 of those things)???

That would be nice to see, those machines wearing the Netjets makeup.

The announcement of the project is a done deal, the Netjets order is a somewhat educated guess on my part. They are going to want to lock up production spots which they can always sell later if owner demand doesn't materialize.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back