Gulfstream 6??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TXGold

Any news on the soon to be announced Gulfstream 6XX. I have heard it will have a bigger cabin, and somehow, bigger windows. Sounds great. Supposed to be announced at NBAA next week.

TXGold

Any news on the soon to be announced Gulfstream 6XX. I have heard it will have a bigger cabin, and somehow, bigger windows. Sounds great. Supposed to be announced at NBAA next week.

TXGold

A little bigger cabin, less performance and smaller windows. Those current windows aren't going to continued to be grandfathered by the FAA-no way, no how. It's amazing they made it to the 550.

A little bigger cabin, less performance and smaller windows. Those current windows aren't going to continued to be grandfathered by the FAA-no way, no how. It's amazing they made it to the 550.

Cabin width will increase by at least 12 inches, height increase has not been released, performance will be similar to the G550 as the current BR710 family of engines which is rated at 15,385 lbs thrust on the G550 can be used at ratings up to 22,500 lbs thrust. Large oval windows will be used. The current GV/G550 windows were tested to 10 atmospheres pressure absolute during FAA Part 25 certification.

GV

Cabin width will increase by at least 12 inches, height increase has not been released, performance will be similar to the G550 as the current BR710 family of engines which is rated at 15,385 lbs thrust on the G550 can be used at ratings up to 22,500 lbs thrust. Large oval windows will be used. The current GV/G550 windows were tested to 10 atmospheres pressure absolute during FAA Part 25 certification.

GV

GV would that be the G with the blue stripe on the tail that I saw in SAV? From a distance something looked different.., The tail looked redesigned..
?

I also heard they were shooting for true 7,000 mi. range. We'll see. Even if it's just bigger and has the same performance of the 550, that will be fine with me.TC

Let Me See, 7000 Miles At 480 Knots, Sounds Like Fun, What A Time Builder, Should Name It The G Wiz

GV

10 atmospheres? 147 psi?

Gxx

I hope it is announced at NBAA, I'll be there ... I can make a little note in my logbook/diary. It's been more than nine years since the GV was announced and with the GLEX catching up and the Falcon 7X approaching delivery schedule, Gulfstream will need a new announcement to remain the unquestionable industry leader. (read: my opinion)

Regarding the windows, I'm pretty sure it's not the size of the window (the large oval) but rather the structure around the emergency exit windows that is the limiting factor. GVFlyer can chime in if I'm wrong, no hard feelings.

Gulfstream has used the same oval window/emergency exit throughout the production history. The emergency exit is the same size and shape of the large oval window and that is smaller than a normal emergency exit and, I believe, smaller than the Part 25 rule requires.

I'm thinking that if Gulfstream changed the emergency exit that would change the fuselage structure and require re-certification, fatigue testing, corrosion testing/control and really the whole shebang as it relates to the Gulfstream fuselage structure. I believe that's why the GII, GIIB, GII-TT, GII-SP, GIII (AC & DC), GIV, GIV-SP, G300, G400, GV, GV-SP, G350, G450, G500 and G550 are all built on the same type certificate ... A12EA ... even though they require three different pilot type ratings.

TransMach

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back