• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Guess where TSA will be looking next!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's simple - if you are traveling on a passport of a predominately Muslim nation, Saudi, Nigeria, Iran, et al, you cant be boarded on an airliner of a US air carrier, OR, you by default, are subjected to the most invasive security measures that would make Israel blush...

Problem solved, civil liberties be damned...

I like your thought process, except for the US air carriers, make it all of them.

Also, as for civil liberties...i don't think most foreign countries give a $hit about civil liberties...

I would like to see a booth made with bomb proof glass. After you enter, an ignition source is lit. If you blow up, you don't get on the airplane. New TSA job description includes cleaning glass...

Backscatter Xray shhould become mandatory at screening checkpoints. It won't solve the bomb in a body cavity (though I guess it could if you jack up the power a bit), but it will show you if they are concealing something in their clothes. We need smarter people than the current TSA bafoons to run it though (with those idiots, no doubt pictures or video of xray'ed people will show up on youtube).

Which civil liberty entitles one to hassle free air travel?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backscatter_X-ray

Last edited:
Very simple-just do what the Israelis have done for a long time:

[edit] El Al security
As a target for many decades, El Al employs stringent security procedures, both on the ground and on board its aircraft. These effective, though sometimes controversial, procedures have won El Al a reputation for security.[38] In 2008, the airline was named by Global Traveler magazine as the world's most secure airline.[39]

[edit] Airport security measures
Passengers are asked to report three hours before departure. All El Al terminals around the world are closely monitored for security. There are plain-clothes agents and fully armed police or military personnel who patrol the premises for explosives, suspicious behavior, and other threats. Inside the terminal, passengers and their baggage are checked by a trained team. El Al security procedures require that all passengers be interviewed individually prior to boarding, allowing El Al staff to identify possible security threats. Passengers will be asked questions about where they are coming from, the reason for their trip, their job or occupation, and whether they have packed their bags themselves. The likelihood of potential terrorists remaining calm under such questioning is believed to be low (see microexpression).[40] At the check-in counter the passengers' passports and tickets are closely examined. A ticket without a sticker from the security checkers will not be accepted. At passport control passengers' names are checked against information from the FBI, Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), Scotland Yard, Shin Bet, and Interpol databases. Luggage is screened and sometimes hand searched. In addition, bags are put through a decompression chamber simulating pressures during flight that could trigger explosives.[41] El Al is the only airline in the world that passes all luggage through such a chamber.[42] Even at overseas airports, El Al security agents conduct all luggage searches personally, even if they are supervised by government or private security firms.[43]

[edit] Flight security measures
Undercover agents (sometimes referred to as sky marshals) carrying concealed firearms sit among the passengers on every international El Al flight.[44] All El Al pilots are former Israeli Air Force pilots.[45]

El Al Boeing 777The cockpits in all El Al aircraft have double doors to prevent entry by unauthorized persons. A code is required to access the doors, and the second door will only be opened after the first has closed and the person has been identified by the Captain or First Officer.[45] Furthermore, there are reinforced steel floors separating the passenger cabin from the baggage hold.[46] This is intended to strengthen the plane in case of an explosion.

Following an attempt to shoot down an Israeli airliner in 2002,[47] all aircraft in the fleet have been equipped with an infrared countermeasures system called 'Flight Guard', developed by Israeli Aerospace Industries to defend them against anti-aircraft missiles.[48][49][50] Although comparable systems such as CAMPS are now available for civilian aircraft, there is no information to date about any other airlines deploying such a system. Switzerland and other European countries have expressed concern that flares dropped by the Israeli system could cause fires in the vicinity of an airport.[51] However none of the higher risk countries that El Al aircraft fly to have raised any concerns.

[edit] Security controversy and passenger profiling
Critics of El Al note that its security checks on passengers include racial profiling[52] and have argued that such profiling is unfair, irrational, and degrading to those subject to such screening. Supporters of El Al argue that there is nothing inherently racist about passenger profiling and that special scrutiny of Muslims may often be necessary for security purposes.

The airline was also criticised by the Hungarian courts for refusing to search luggage with the passenger present, acting against Hungarian domestic laws which stipulate that only authorized officials are able to undertake such searches.[52] A civil case was brought to Supreme Court of Israel on 19 March 2008 alleging that El Al's practice of ethnic profiling singles out Arabs for tougher treatment.[53]

Seems to work well enough for them-and they are an even bigger target for islamic fascists than we are!

-Not the most P.C. response-but then again-the islamic goons know how to take advantage of our "tolerant" society.

Last edited:
I would like to see a booth made with bomb proof glass. After you enter, an ignition source is lit. If you blow up, you don't get on the airplane. New TSA job description includes cleaning glass...

God bless the poor souls leaving the Annual Chili Cookoff's around the country!!

Congress and the White House don't have the resolve.

Yeah, so that must mean they would institute such a stupid profiling policy. Al Qaeda adapts and if we resort to narrow minded profiling such as passport holders from Saudi Arabia, Yemen, et al.. they will use folks with passports that don't come from the profiled countries. Don't let your emotions blind you.

Yeah, so that must mean they would institute such a stupid profiling policy. Al Qaeda adapts and if we resort to narrow minded profiling such as passport holders from Saudi Arabia, Yemen, et al.. they will use folks with passports that don't come from the profiled countries. Don't let your emotions blind you.

Yeah, you're probably right. Maybe we should just resort to diplomacy.

Don't let your naivety and political correctness blind you.

I really don't get it. If a person is on any type of watch list of any nature it should automatically put them on the no fly list. Do we really care if someone who may not be a terrorist can get on a flight? give me a break.

You really don't get it! I was on the TSA watch list because of a name and birthdate match. Should I not be able to fly? By the way I held a Top Secret clearance at the same time.

And there are those who want the GOVERNMENT to run healthcare!!!! what a joke they have become....

Latest resources

Back