Guard to Reserve

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jhwk0309

I was hoping that someone around might have some info as to guidance concerning transfers from Guard to Reserve. I hear two different arguments. One says: the "Guard" can't keep you from transferring. The the other says: they can STOP a transfer if the leadership doesn't sign off on the deal. Any pearls of wisdom?

I just did it and it was a pain. They can stop you if they want. The commander can just not sign off on it. Can't see why unless you are still in a commitment phase that you may have signed for you slot (not by regulation, because there is none) or activation. If you are done with your pilot "commitment" to the "unit" they really can't stop you.

I also know a little known fact that there is no ANG regulation about pilot training commitments. So if you feel like pressing the issue, unlike the Air Force Reserve or Active duty that have specific regulations regarding pilot training commitments there is none for the ANG

I had no problem switching from Guard to Reserve. I was getting close to 18 yrs active duty, so I had to switch in order to continue on man days.

I was hoping that someone around might have some info as to guidance concerning transfers from Guard to Reserve. I hear two different arguments. One says: the "Guard" can't keep you from transferring. The the other says: they can STOP a transfer if the leadership doesn't sign off on the deal. Any pearls of wisdom?

lemme guess 184th to 190th and now looking at the 931st? ? ? am i close?

Thanks for the replies. I am gonna continue working things up the chain. My FLT/CC and SQ/CC are behind me but I'm being "blocked" by their boss. ???? I did go through flight training but the new job requires no school house training and is still a flying position. Just local refresher stuff.

And sorry bagasticks, way off. And for RedDogC130, I have noticed your point on regs concerning the Guard. I'll post what I find out this weekend at Drill.

With the jayhawk reference in your name, the recent integration of two fairly diverse units in the state of Kansas, and some geographic dislocation involved with same due to BRAC issues I would have guessed along with bagasticks.

Good luck to you.

Latest resources

Back