GSO area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crjdude

Anyone know of a few places in the GSO area to rent airplanes? Except Burlington Aviation.

Thanks

crjdude

there are quite a few club airplanes around. i have a baron 55 that can be rented. if you're looking a for a single at gso, check with the fbos. greensboro aviation operates out of landmark and they're a flight school.

Lexington, NC has a few rentals at EXX. Also depending on how far you want to drive, up north in Danville, VA there is a Cherokee at DAN.

there are quite a few club airplanes around. i have a baron 55 that can be rented. if you're looking a for a single at gso, check with the fbos. greensboro aviation operates out of landmark and they're a flight school.

Greensboro Aviation has been closed a year this month. i learned to fly from there in Archers and 172s, and they just packed up and left one day in August. Two of the planes still sit there on the ramp, I think they were both leasebacks and they ran out of money. If anyone knows an M. Brown out there let him know D. Hall says hey.

Forgot to add that you can fly/rent from Southeast Greensboro, 3A4, and also Air Harbor, W88. Air harbor is like 60x3000 with 20 foot being paved and the other 40 foot grass, its a hoot to fly from, especially since I learned to fly from a 10kx250 place. I've never been to 3A4, but a friend hangared his homebuilt there. Also check out Shiloj, 78N, or they might have finally got in changed to SIF . It's about 20-40 minutes north of GSO by car and is north in Rockingham county. Let me know if I can help at all.

Latest resources

Back