• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ground Instructor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
(PTS re-writes in progress right now, 180 power off accuracy approach and landing will soon be in the Private Pilot PTS)

Really?

That would be great, I require all my students to do them pre solo anyway.

I also do one on every BFR and A/C checkout. However many of these pilots have never done one.

(PTS re-writes in progress right now, 180 power off accuracy approach and landing will soon be in the Private Pilot PTS)

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein
YA-Hooo ! ! ! You just made my day ! !

Now I can have hope for the future.

Serious.

Can you sign off IFR as an advanced ground instructor or do you need to take both the advanced ground instructor and the instrument instructor tests (in addition to the fundamentals of instruction test).

It looks like you can sign off somebody for a knowledge test for a certificate but you need the instrument to sign off for that test.

61.215(b)(3) & 61.215(c)(3)

Yes, if you read 61.215 you see that they are making distinction between certificate knowledge tests and rating knowledge test. AGI can teach for both certificate and rating tests (per 14 CFR 61.215 (b)(1)) but can only recommend (endorse) for certificate knowledge tests (per 14 CFR 61.215 (b)(3)).

So to answer your question - No sign-off. But you can teach for the test. But no IPCs.

Latest resources

Back