Great news for jumpseaters on Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyWolf

Starting 05/15, Midex will take unlimited jumpseaters on our flights, that includes offline jumpseaters as well off course :), our GOM has been revised effective May 15th to indicate the change. Alpa and the company have done a great job, thanks to all involved. Great work.

Hope to see more airlines do the same soon.

FlyWolf said:
Starting 05/15, Midex will take unlimited jumpseaters on our flights, that includes offline jumpseaters as well off course :), our GOM has been revised effective May 15th to indicate the change. Alpa and the company have done a great job, thanks to all involved. Great work.

Hope to see more airlines do the same soon.

MOST HAVE BEEN

slaquer5 said:
MOST HAVE BEEN

Why you gotta be a hater? While there are some out there that have, others haven't, including a handful of the majors (NWA comes immediately to my mind since I have oft seen a 1/2 empty plane leave without me)...

Just say THANKS! It's always nice to see an IMPROVEMENT in pilot benefits rather than a reduction in this day and age.

Flyerjosh said:
Why you gotta be a hater? While there are some out there that have, others haven't, including a handful of the majors (NWA comes immediately to my mind since I have oft seen a 1/2 empty plane leave without me)...

That's strange, since NW can take 2 jumpseaters in the cabin, in addition to filling up the jumpseats in the cockpit.

I saw a Midwest MD-80 with no jumpseater & 35 pax leave without me, after I inquired about the jumpseat.

320AV8R

Flyerjosh: Totally agree with you, its always nice when we see improvement in our benefits, for a commuter its great news.

320AV8R: sorry that you didn't get on that flight, the only reason they won't let a jumpseater on is if the jumpseater arrives late at the gate and might delay the flight. Next time politely ask to speak to the captain or a supervisor and ask for a reason, then let your jumpseat rep contact our ALPA jumpseat chairman, I never seen anyone get denied, except one time an Airtran pilot got denied because the plane was full and we couldn't get him in the cockpit because they are not CASS approved yet.

slaquer5: Maybe I should have said it will be nice when ALL airlines do the same, my apologies to your airline.

320AV8R said:
That's strange, since NW can take 2 jumpseaters in the cabin, in addition to filling up the jumpseats in the cockpit.

I used to commute to my military unit in GFK which with the university there is a big destination for offline jumpseaters... especially since NWA is the only game in town.

Unfortunately, there have been multiple times I've watched the planes depart with open seats in the back... Since my airline wasn't CASS approved the cockpit wasn't an option, also NWA will only take two non-affiliated/offline (non-NWA/airlink) jumpseaters, unless they've changed things since I stopped commuting. Sall good though- that's part of commuting. Would be nice if the holdouts (not just NWA) would open up all the empty seats though. At the very least offer equal reciprical agreements like AA did.

Unlimited means just that... If there are 25 open seats in the back, and (W&B notwithstanding) an open cockpit, we can take 26 people at AWAC. (CASS approved up front of course) Wish all the airlines would open it up like that.

And to make matters worse, XJ and 9E are considered off-line... So we are also fending for those same jumpseats as everyone else... We do have the option of writing a pass (that I'll do anytime to help other pilots out), but many have not paid the annual fee for the "privilage" of pass writing...

Flyerjosh said:

Just say THANKS! It's always nice to see an IMPROVEMENT in pilot benefits rather than a reduction in this day and age.

fj i am not a hater, I was giving multiple j/s even when we where not allowed to do so. I even gave it to the corporate guys.:)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back