Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Menace

Gold Member
We all know that Great Lakes isn't a great company to work for, but it is still a place where great people work. I've been here for quite a while and I will never miss working for management, but I will really miss the people I work with (when I finally get a different job). Despite all the crap we have to put up with, I'm still having a blast doing what I do.

Any of you out there who are thinking about applying here, don't come if you expect a great place to work. Come if you want to work with great people and a lot of quality flight time. You may get some experience at a 135 company, but the airlines do not look at it the same as they do 121 time.

I applied last week. What is the key to getting an interview? What competitive times are they looking for? Thanks,

Gravey

competetive times

gravey,

It looks to me that you have competetive times. In the past Lakes has hired pilots with as little as 300 hours, but I'm not sure how low they are going now. I don't know if there is a "key", but it would sure help if you know someone in the company. If nothing else, try to meet a Lakes pilot and ask him/her to help you out.

Are they hiring?

I paid the application fee and applied through the internet, then my next hiring newsletter I get says Lakes isn't hiring.

Are they hiring? Will I at least get a letter saying they got my application? I don't like paying to apply and then not even getting a receipt that it was received (because you apply with a company in MASS.) Does the HR dept have a phone number I can call, I believe they used to..

I applied about two weeks ago with the new online application as well and have heard nothing. Has anybody that has applied to them with the new application heard anything?

Thanks
Dave

I would like that number too if possible. I applied two weeks ago I believe and got the online comfimation that I paid, but would too like to know that they are actually going to at my application and that it wasn't a waste of money.

phone number

Guys,

The main phone number for Great Lakes is (307)432-7000. That's the best I can do for you. I won't guarantee you'll get a clear answer from anyone, but at least you can try.

The on-line application is new to me. I just found out about it about a week ago and I just found out today about the application fee. I'll try to do a little checking and find out how the process works. I do know that they are hiring 'cuz we are short of pilots. As soon as I find out any information I'll post it. Good luck and maybe I'll see you on the flight line someday.

Menace

An e-mail from the chief pilot recently said that he does not want people calling him to get the status of applications and hiring. It went on further to say that the best chance of getting an interview is by having a Great Lakes pilot write a letter of recommendation and having it faxed directly to him. In addition, I do believe there is an area on the online application for writing in names of Lakes guys that would recommend you for the job. Hope this helps and good luck to you all.

What's the deal with Great Lakes training contract? I didn't even realize there was one, and then heard it was 15 months. This true? Is it prorated?

How is life there now? What are the domiciles and how long is upgrade time?

Latest resources

Back