• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great lakes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not sure if they are hiring...but if you are looking for quality of life and being able to afford basic necessities such as bread and water......I'd get your CFI and teach. You will probably make much more.
However, you won't get as much multi or turbine time. But by the looks of things, there may not be anywhere to go after getting all that time anyhow.

Good luck. If anyhting, consider getting the flight time and then trying to fly on the 91/135 side of aviation. Its too bad, but I think the 121 side of things are in for a real rough ride unless fuel becomes free overnight.

Thank you Sig and flyguy75000. I am a single guy and i think i can probably get a second job if i work at GLA (maybe waiter or something). So anyhow, i am debating if i should do my CFI or just get on with GLA and build multi time. I guess i will think this through more. Maybe a couple of beers will help me decide.

Thank you Sig and flyguy75000.

Well, I'm drinking a beer for you. And if you were within beer's reach, I'd buy the whole tab. What you'd have to do would be listen to me as we drank.

A lot. Both a lot of listening and a lot of drinking.*

The best of luck to you. Keep working at it, and you'll get there eventually. But I strongly recommend getting your CFI and teaching a little- if not for the money (you decide your schedule as a CFI, so another job is possible), then do it for the experience.

If anything at all, it might make the difference between passing training and not doing so well when someone gives you a crack at the title.

*I did this last night. A young hopeful eyeballing a United 747 photo and jibberjabbering all wistful-like was introduced to me by his mom (he slings booze here locally, she is an old friend). It was an education he didn't like to hear, so he ignored me.

The Yuenglings, thankfully, were free.

It ain't easy, but it certainly ain't impossible-- even in today's quicksand-like environment. Good luck. I really mean it. All of us will need it soon.

Last edited:
Getting a CFI will help you build experience training others. Valuable yes, but not necessary to get you to an airline flying job that pays. I say you go to GLA and get some airline flying experience and then move on.

It worked for me...

I am a low time guy and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if GLA is still hiring?

Is your total time 260? Since you don't have your CFI, I'm assuming the posted TT is correct. How much multi time do you have? If you're not close to their posted minimums, your chances of getting hired at GLA, even with an internal recommendation, may not be good.

Does Great Lakes hire into the left seat? What are upgrade times?

They are hiring into the left seat now,Beech 1900. Ref. the ad on wfff.

Latest resources

Back