• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes VS. Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Out of curiousity is Colgan really as bad as everyone makes it out to be, and after flying with colgan where do most go? To other regionals, where they take a step back, or corporate where they are on call all the time and sit around an FBO's for hours?

After being FURLOGHED from lakes i had 10 interviews at different regionals within two weeks. Every interview that i went to someone mentioned how tough lakes training was and how hard it is. They have an awsome repuation for putting out good pilots.

The pay does suck but you will be living in awsome city right by the rockies instead of mannassas virginia or IAH. You tell me! I can promise that you will never find a better group of pilots than at lakes. Everyone is in the same boat and makes the best out of it!

idratherfly4283 said:
Out of curiousity is Colgan really as bad as everyone makes it out to be, and after flying with colgan where do most go?

Nope. Some pilots left Colgan for "greener pastures" now to find themselves bitter sitting as 3d year FOs in shiny RJs because their former Colgan classmates are pushing 2K PIC as Saab/Beech captains.

The maintenance does suck, schedules are ok and pay is low. But most of us come from CFI background and it's a night and day difference in the positive direction. Just be happy and make the best out of it.

There is also no reserve after training (a buddy of mine at COEX sat for 4 months before he actually got a line out of EWR).

19pilot said:
I can promise that you will never find a better group of pilots than at lakes.

Just because out of 2-3 regionals you've worked for Great Lakes has best pilot group doesn't mean that they're the best in the entire industry.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back