Great Lakes Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

canon

With about 1500 and close to ATP, what could a new hire expect to fly?

Do people generally start out flying single engine cargo then progress up the ladder?

Interested in what they fly, and what the online application is like?

Great Lakes is a 121 passenger airline with 19 seat Beechcraft 1900s and 30 seat Embraer 120s. They are also a 135 cargo carrier and fly Beechcraft 1900s on those routes. I have never heard of anyone flying a single engine airplane for them (outside of an intern ferrying a mechanic...they used to have a Duke, Baron, and something else in SPW). You really need to do some homework before you send a resume into them. A good place to start would be their website. You can even do the online application from their website.

thank you

HOMEWORK DONE

thanks for the reply, I got them confused with somone else and thought they were flying mostly cargo. That's why people ask the questions here, so as not to look like an idiot when it counts.

they are hiring!

I know that Great Lakes is interviewing July 9 & 10 for a class in August.

How is their training? Do they provide trainees with anything during training, or just per-diem?

How did you find out about the interview dates? Were you called for an interview? I filled out an application about three weeks ago and have heared nothing.
Crap.

Yeah, I did the online app about 3 weeks ago. I got an e-mail on Monday telling me I was successful candidate and to call them to set up an interview for July 9 or 10.

Congratulations and good luck with the interview. If you do not mind me asking what is your flight time and experience? Just trying to see where I stand.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back