Great Lakes is Gay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jergar999 said:
How come when you guys go into Chadron you always announce your position as "The MIGHTY Beech 19?" Also, what the heck do you do on an overnight in Chadron?

Because Great Lakes also has some gay aviators. I apologize on their behalf. Only have a long overnight on Saturdays in CDR, thank the Lord. The plan is usually go down to the Sinister Grin, drink all the Fat Tire they have, have the cops drive you home, and then eat pancakes in the morning at that mom 'n pop place on the north end of town, caddy-corner from WalMart.

FN FAL said:
Did NWA get the Toad Suck Meadows Iowa run out from under you guys? What a cut throat business!

Then they put a DC9 on DTW-BFE. Our BFE loads have never recovered. Bastards. I also hear they're planning on having Pinnacle operate to East Gish. Danm them.

Somebody PM'd me asking for my commentary on the hotline message, I figured I'd share:

Doug Voss indicated that the Company was in dire financial condition

Strange to embark on a 10 city expansion, all based on the current EAS rates, if you're in "dire" straights.

Mediator Jack Kane suggested that the Union not file for a “release” until another meeting the week of August 15, 2005, could be held to evaluate the results, if any, of the Congress on the EAS issues. If there is progress on the EAS situation that gives GLA economic relief or benefit, then the Mediator has expectations that the parties will be closer to a contract or a “release”.

Waiting for congress to up EAS money before we get a raise? If one waited for that it could take decades. Literally. There is no reason in the world why the taxpayer should pay us to fly to McCook, Nebraska anyway. EAS money will never significantly increase unless the US elects a communist president. Seriously. Hitching our contract to congressional action is a bizarre leap of qestionable logic.

Right now, the Company has stated that the offer that was rejected by the Pilots in January 2005, is not economically viable and is no longer on the table.
That offer was miserable, had almost no net positive changes except for pay, which was a paltry 2-3% per year raises, and this is after 4 years of a static contract. Rejected 100% by the pilot group. It's laughable that they even felt the need to "remove it from the table."

So without some relief from the government or the collapse of a major airline to reduce the over capacity situation in the Industry, the Company cannot give the GLA Pilots a Contract with reasonable wages and benefits.
This is simply retarded. Overcapacity between LAX and NYC has zero bearing on whether Farmer John is going to fly on us out of Grand Island. That's like Southwest saying that BA's transatlantic flights must be eliminated before their (entirely domestic) route network will turn a profit. Apples n Oranges.

And to EJM and BS, thank you for your time and effort.

Latest resources

Back