• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes Info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SkyWest has gotten some GREAT folks from Lakes and I appreciate what they bring to the company.

That said, I don't have a clue as to how they keep running from a business standpont. The figures I see show they have a half a million cash in the bank but are losing 20-40 thousand a day. ASM's are down, load factors are down. That says they SHOULD be broke in 25-50 days, but they stay at that level month after month.

What kind of magic is going on over there?

It blows my mind, too...but that's the way it's always been here. I do know that we make a killing with EAS money and there have even been stories in the Cheyenne newspapers saying we are doing much better financially...how? I have no clue. Great Lakes will always be a mystery to me. As the saying goes, after a nuclear fallout, only two things will remain, cockroaches and Great Lakes Aviation!

On another note...20% RAISE?!?!?! Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. I hope it's true...I'M BROKE!!!!:D

Last edited:
Hey Cornelious,

Any word on the new hire/upgrade class next month, dates, how many etc,

thanks

No News

I talked to C this week, and they don't have any plans for a new hire class yet.

They need "FOs to upgrade or Capts and /or FOs to leave for another job before they will start any new hires." Could be Feb or could be next year. We will have to wait until the Chief Pilot gives the OK.

Sorry I can't be more Otimistic.

At this time I think the chance of interviews will be slim (opinion)

Keep sending out your resumes!

No news for newhire in Feb. I got a systems class with another guy starting Feb 4th with the 5-day upgrade class to follow shortly after. It doesn't sound like there will be a Feb newhire class. There are 2 uprade classes running in Feb.

Re: No News

flyredair said:
They need "FOs to upgrade or Capts and /or FOs to leave for another job before they will start any new hires." ... We will have to wait until the Chief Pilot gives the OK.

That's hilarious and typical Great Lakes. After another month of 10+ folks leaving, THEN they will start a newhire class. How many are already in the pool at Air Willy? When those people start leaving, it will be business (or should I say junior mans) as usual. The Chief Pilot and most everyone else running the "show" have always been REactive, not PROactive. Maybe a new contract will help make some gains in this dept.? Only if the pilot group sticks together however.

The 20% Raise Across The Board

As a Laker...I think 20% is a great rumor...but in reality 5% is more likely...and that depends on 97% of all flights being on time at departure for the month. If the 97% is not met then 0% is the reality. Sorry fellas...

Staylow

Raw Data

This is verbatim from the January in-house newsletter:

As many of you know, Great Lakes went to an on-line application June 1, 2002. To date, we have been very successful in receiving over 1000 qualified applicants looking to become a part of the Great Lakes team. We will be taking the next few months to review these applications in determining our next interviewees. Due to the large volume of application received, we are not currently accepting on-line applications. We will continue to update interested applicants through our company web site.

From the horse's mouth, do with it what you will.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back