Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
Got a postcard from Great Lakes, just wanted to know whether they hire from a pool?

How soon until maybe I'll hear from them again?

Future Class Dates?

Do you receive Pay in training/ Hotel?

Anyone elso receive the yellow postcard in the mail awaiting to hear from them like me?

From what I've been told, no pay during training. Check aviationinterviews.com, they have quite a few posts for Great Lakes.

That's a damn good looking Rott. I had one years ago, best friend I've ever had.

Unless it's changed, what I remember is that you get a double-occupancy hotel room in CYS (ah, the ol' Hitching Post) and there was no per diem or pay until after you finish your checkride. We also didn't receive company ID's until after the checkride, too. The sims are in Denver and Greeley, CO, for that might be worth to you.

No idea on hiring but it seems to ebb and flow.

Good luck to you.

I don't know much about future hiring but we have hired at least 60 or more people in the past 7 months or so. We have alot of FOs on reserve right now but I think they were talking about a small class in Aug. It probably isn't the best timing to get on with lakes right now, but who knows all it will take is 30 pilot that just can't deal with this company anymore and quit all in the same month (it's happend before) and we will be canceling flights left and right.

I thinks there will be small classes maybe every couple of months. People are leaving steadily.

We are really short on captains right now and they are upgrading people.

Guitar Guy is right about everything except now we stay in the Holiday Inn.

Do you guys even get paid after the checkride? I think after you pay for all the Airline Pilot wear etc. you wouldn't brake even until after...4 months...at least!

Whiskey Tango said:
Guitar Guy is right about everything except now we stay in the Holiday Inn.

Those rooms at the Holiday Inn were nicer than the ones in the old Post. But I still think there's a bit of Laker nostolgia attached to the Hitching Post.

Whiskey Tango is right about how there can be large numbers of pilots leaving at about the same time. There was a big exodus last Sept/Oct - that's when I moved on - and I think people were putting in resignation letters at a rate of one every day or two for a few weeks.

But remember that when a bunch of pilots leave, it opens up a lot of PIC opportunities for the more junior people as well as leaving openings for new-hires.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back