Great Lakes Airlines

First Officer

Job Location:

Denver, CO
Work Status:

Full-Time
JOB SUMMARY:

The First Officer is responsible for the safe and efficient operation as

directed by the pilot-in-command and company approved procedures.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
  • Assist or relieve the PIC in the manipulation of the flight controls of the aircraft
  • Responsible to the PIC to ensure that the flights he participates in are in with the FAR's and company operating procedures
  • Assists the PIC in operating the flight safely and efficiently
KEY REQUIREMENTS:
  • 750 hrs Total Time
  • 50 hrs Multi Engine
  • Commercial Certificate
  • Current Class 1 medical
  • Recommendation from current staff pilot weighed heavily
  • Instrument and Multi Engine current
  • 4 year degree preferred
How to Apply:

Please email resumes to:

Send your Resume via​
Web or E-Mail
Code required on e-mail subject line: 57028

Great Lakes Airlines​

Knew a guy from flight school who signed on with Great Lakes a couple of years back. GL has a great group of pilots but some of the lowest starting pay in the industry (around $15/hr I think), however, you can upgrade fairly quickly there if I recall correctly. The flying will really sharpen your skills and Denver is a great town to live in. From what my friend told me only 2 types of people fly for GL - the ones who are just building up time to get on with another regional and those who are staying on to get the 1000 PIC.

It is possible to live in DEN on 15.30 an hour if you live with friends. It might suck for a year, but you can upgrade fast and start making decent money.

Lakes is hiring about 10 a month for the foreseeable future. Upgrades are running quick depending on how much time you get hired with, around one year. As always internal recommendations are highly valuable.

Trogdor - other then knowing a pilot at Great Lakes any idea on how to get an internal recomendations? I could handle the $15.30 cause I have a few friends in Denver and would love to live there.

Are any pilots based in ABQ (albuquerque) either -- it seems like you work there or know a few people there.

Who is the pilot recruiter at Great Lakes? If anyone could provide a name, position title, and phone number that would be extremely appreciated. I sent my resume a few months ago and never heard anything besides a letter saying they received my resume. Thanks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back