Great lakes Cp/cover letter suggestions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

snowman

i am sending my info to Great Lakes and need to know who the Chief Pilot is, as well as HR person.
Is a cover letter really needed?
Any suggestion would be appreciated.
snowman

To survive at Great Lakes you have to function on your own, be self-sustaining. There is nobody in your court. If the release isn't legal it's your fault. If the airplane breaks it's your fault. If the agents can't count it's your problem. This is a do-it-yourself airline. Start showing the Lakes spirit now, think, and use the search function. After 167 posts you should know that it exists. Had you exerted 15 seconds worth of effort you would have yielded results such as this http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=69333&highlight=Great+Lakes+HR+chief+pilot, the answer to a question that gets asked approximately every two months. Do not become the FO who is totally oblivious during his time in the right seat and is then shocked when he fails upgrade because he can barely keep an airplane upright, and then says "they didn't train me enough." There is only one person whose job it is to take care of you. You.

Nice replies.
I am amazed at your wit. If I cared to search I would have, instead I just had you do it for me... Using my resouces as I see fit. I guess I really am more fit to be a capitain than an fo. Yawn... The sentiments of your comments were not lost on me. Yeah I get it, "The world is rough and if you are going to make it you have to be tough."(j cash)
Guess its time for me to update my hours... Nah, More fun to have people make cracks.
YEE HAWWWWW
On your knees knob gobblers!
adios

snowman said:
i am sending my info to Great Lakes and need to know who the Chief Pilot is, as well as HR person.
Is a cover letter really needed?
Any suggestion would be appreciated.
snowman

I believe the CP is Aaron Clark, don't know HR contact name. Yea, a search on this site is good. I definitely recommend a cover letter, it's a way to show why you're personally interested in the job.

Yes, at Lakes I had to watch my back and learn CYA with maintenance and dispatch, because everyone is entry level. But I still have to do that sometimes flying RJ's. Anyway good luck. Original no PFT firehose training and flying in the rockies-quick upgrade can't hurt anyone.

Theres an ad on 350.com saying theyre hiring. You must have 300 hours and have used an HSI at sometime in your career! RICKSHAWW!

You won't get an interview unless you have someone walk it in to the CP...at least not with your TT. Make a contact and when you get 500TT and ~50ME have that person send in your stuff.

Someone walked in the resume to the CP, he was told would call when they know more about the next classes. 550/350 time

Trying to determine how long that may be. Stay were I am or look for another instructing position closer to home.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back