Great Lakes at MKE?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you're looking for info on Skyway, here ya go:

Connect to a great job with great benefits.
Connect to unlimited FREE airline travel.
Connect to an environment where people really work as a team.
Connect to Midwest Connect!

Midwest Connect is operated by Skyway Airlines, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Midwest Airlines. Midwest Connect provides The Best Care in the Air to passengers with connections throughout the Midwest Airlines and Midwest Connect route system. We're fun, flexible, and friendly, and we're looking for service-oriented people to join us.

Right now, we're looking for new pilots to join our team. In this job, you'll be based in MKE, and you'll start out flying Beechcraft 1900s and/or Fairchild 328s; we'll be moving to an all-328 fleet soon, so you'll be in ajet faster than ever. You must have a minimum of 700 hours total time, and 50 hours multi-engine time. This is a great opportunity to start your career as a commercial airline pilot!

Why work for Midwest Connect? Our employees enjoy:
--Great benefits. We offer outstanding (and very affordable) health and dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, and more.
--Great teamwork. You and your coworkers work together to ensure the safety and efficiency of our operation; we're all depending on you. It's a great feeling to know your hard work makes such a difference!
--Great vacations. When you work for Midwest Connect, you enjoy UNLIMITED FREE travel for yourself and eligible dependents. Even your friends and extended family can fly for a small fee. You'll be flying to Midwest and Midwest Connect destinations from coast to coast.

Interested? Send your resume to [email protected], with PILOT in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately, WE CANNOT ACCEPT FAXES OR PHONE CALLS. Skyway Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Yes, there are two near MKE: Lake Michigan and Lake Superior! :smash:

JO's clown paint really sets that one off! Your play on words has got me rolling to SEGWAY (get it?) into explaining for all pimply FI punks that . . .

Great Lakes Airlines actually refers to the Iowa Great Lakes of renowned Spirit Lake and Lake Okoboji, natural resort lakes from way back in the day. (19th century day) If GLA gets MKE flying though I nominate a name designation change for them gluttons for punishment that they are. Dudes, get a new contract already!

Paroled Laker

Dudes, get a new contract already!

Paroled Laker

We finally got our new contract about 4 months ago. It was only 6 years coming, I guess. Believe it or not, pay got only slightly better, and work rules got worse!

Congrats on your parole...I'm trying to enjoy my sentence...:D

We got absolutely screwed. We were awarded through arbitration the exact TA that was voted down 100% in 2004. The Teamsters suck.

We got absolutely screwed. We were awarded through arbitration the exact TA that was voted down 100% in 2004. The Teamsters suck.

Bummer. Do y'all get Cost of living and longevity raises though, and if so for how long?

Lakes paid me for holidays whether worked or not. And had a 401K match. GLA still do those things?

Anyone know when the start date is? Hopefully soon because I'm getting tired of hearing people complain in Rhinelander about not having service to Milwaukee anymore.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back