Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flaco

Hey guys,

I just got a call from Great Falls, MT (120th FW) to come interview for an F-16 slot.

Anyone have any good info on Great Falls the town, or the unit itself? I'd like to hear some opinions on what it's like there.

Thanks!

Flaco

The windy city

Yes, the 120th. They flew Darts, then converted to 16's in the mid 80's. Great unit and very friendly folks, at the International Airport. Across town is Malmstrom AFB. 3/21 is the main runway - ILS on Rwy 3 w/ arresters. They might still use Hays and Loring MOA's for practice, both to the north and east of Great Falls.

Great Falls might be about 60,000 population, maybe more. Winters can either be mild ( some days up into the 60's) or windy and cold. One phenomenon is the warm chinook winds that blow east from the rockies into the Great Falls area. Can melt snow very rapidly. Weather can be different day to day. The visibility is tremendous. You can see the rockies 60 miles to the west. Summer temps can range from 60's up to over 90's. Dry climate. Agricultural country. Recreation is close by.

That would be a good pick for you.

GoodLuck.

CitationCapt.

Last edited:
Interview

My interview is Thursday morning. I PM'd you about it. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Flaco

Latest resources

Back