Grand Cayman and Cozumel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kingaira90

Going on a cruise in April (on NCL) that stops in Grand Cayman for a day and Cozumel for a day. Any must see or must do tips for either location. I think it is about 12 hrs in each port. Thanks in advance.-kingaira90

I went there on a cruise last Aug and these are the things I did:
In Grand Cayman, there's not a whole lot to do on the island as it's not a very big island. I went to the Hell rock formations, Sea Turtle farm, and Stingray city on a tour for like 50/person. I think it was worth it. If you scuba dive, I hear there are some cool shipwreck and coral formations off the coast.

In Cozumel, we took the ferry to mainland Mexico and went scuba diving in caves. You can go scuba there in Cozumel also, but we'd done that the year before. I liked it both times. There were also things like biking, snorkeling, 4 wheeling and shopping, so you can pretty much pick whatever floats your boat.

Hope that helps.

Gotta have some rum cake and jerk chicken too. For scuba, Steve and the gang at Ocean Frontiers are the premier dive operator on the island. They have the best dive boat I've ever been on. Have fun there!

Edit: This is G. Cayman I'm talking about. Havn't been to Cozumel yet.

If you take the boat from Cozumel to the mainland, take the fast boat. We took the slow boat and all got sick. The fast boat is like a jet on the inside and doesn't rock as much.

Latest resources

Back