Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RkyMtnHigh

Fellow Colleagues,

My name is Chris Shaver, I am currently working on a Graduate Research Project for the completion of a Master of Aeronautical Science degree from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.The purpose of this research is to determine whether the current federal regulations regarding the use of supplemental oxygen by flight crewmembers above 25,000 feet are valid in today’s environment and whether or not completion of altitude chamber training increases the likelihood of pilots to use supplemental oxygen.

Your assistance in completing this survey will provide invaluable, anonymous data pertinent to this research topic. It is completely voluntary and is applicable to any pilot. There are 13 questions in the survey and it should take approximately 5 minutes to complete. The survey will be open to responses for 10 days from October 20 to October 30, 2009.

To take the survey, please click on the following link or paste the address into your web browser:

http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/chris-shaver/one-time-pro/

Thank you

Masters in Aeronautical science.............................................................................What an incredible waste of time.

No but it looks good on you though

Last edited:
Masters in Aeronautical science.............................................................................What an incredible waste of time.

No but it looks good on you though
The guy is asking for legitimate help. Do we really need to rip apart his choice of degree program?

Oh, wait, this is FI.

1) Got my MAS-Ops waaaaay back in 1996 at an AFB satellite campus [I'm old]. I can say this: it's never wrong to pursue something of interest. Never know when it may come in handy...not as a technical requirement, but as a differentiator between you and another.

2) I took the survey [sympathetic to cause, though not really the subject]. I hope the literature review contained information regarding the formulation of the law relatively to the technology of the time. Specifically, hope there is some mention of the quick-donning tech that has arisen since the regulation was formed. That would be a key element in loosening the restrictions if that is a hypothesis, or something regarding accident/incident rates for pilots NOT using oxygen when required or when not required but prudent [for the opposite hypothesis].

The guy is asking for legitimate help. Do we really need to rip apart his choice of degree program?

Oh, wait, this is FI.

It's akin to telling your buddy in the bar not to go home with the fat chick. He may have fun for a few hours, but when he wakes up sober, he'll be kicking himself.

It's akin to telling your buddy in the bar not to go home with the fat chick. He may have fun for a few hours, but when he wakes up sober, he'll be kicking himself.

Yeah, sorry to come off harsh. That was the Ron Zacapa talking.

^^^^^^^^I really meant the fat chick metaphor thingy^^^^^^!

1) Got my MAS-Ops waaaaay back in 1996 at an AFB satellite campus [I'm old]. I can say this: it's never wrong to pursue something of interest. Never know when it may come in handy...not as a technical requirement, but as a differentiator between you and another.

2) I took the survey [sympathetic to cause, though not really the subject]. I hope the literature review contained information regarding the formulation of the law relatively to the technology of the time. Specifically, hope there is some mention of the quick-donning tech that has arisen since the regulation was formed. That would be a key element in loosening the restrictions if that is a hypothesis, or something regarding accident/incident rates for pilots NOT using oxygen when required or when not required but prudent [for the opposite hypothesis].

There is plenty of mention to the technology of the time the regulation was created. One of the goals of the research is to determine if the regulation needs modification to reflect today's technology.

Thanks for taking the time to take the survey and post comments.

Latest resources

Back