• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gracious Exit for Grinstein

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's AWSOME!!! So, you're glad all this happened and you're much better off after the Ch.11? Are you happy, GL?

You guys got F'ed. Admit it. Grinstein already had his money when he showed up on the property--AGAIN. They hired Grandpa to lead you by the hand through the car wash that stripped you of anything above LCC pay and bene's.

Keep slathering that pig with lipstick...TC

I agree, we got f'ed. So did pilots from every other bankrupt carrier as well as those who were near. The claim and note will never make up for what was lost. Lets not forget the level of concessions when negotiations roll around. Unfortunately, too many of my fellow Deltoids seem to be suffering from the stockholme syndrome. We came out better than most who entered bankruptcy but, we still got sc****d! Never forget.

What does usair have to do with anything. General you really amaze me. you can spew cr@p at other airlines but delta is high and mighty. Give me a brake. You guys caved in and sold the retired pilots out. How do you guys live with yourself. I fly with retired delta pilots who lost millions and all you can say is me me me me. Thank god i don't work for delta.

These retired guys you speak of got $hit loads of money! Between 2000 and their retirement they had the highest wages in history, green slips galore, and up to $1,000,000 or more lump sum payments! Those of us left at Delta will never see that $1,000,000 lump sum, or any of the monthly pension payments your retired buddies lost. So how did we sell out the retired pilots? I lost millions just like everyone else!

[Tejas-Jet]God Bless that man. Could you just imagine a dirtbag like Stephen Wolf or frank lorenzo doing the same thing? Never in a million years.

I can see more than a few of you have have been infected with Stockholm Syndrome.

Let's not forget all blatent lies that he and his management group have to told to the DAL employees. Let us not forget the toll and financial hardships that the employee groups have suffered through his tenure. Let us not forget his complete and total lack of leadership.

Let us not forget that he is a multi-millionaire.

Let us not forget about his other corporate goodies he has received over the years from other companies.

It is truely amazing how quickly most people forget.

"Those that forget history, are doomed to repeat it."

In reference to not seeing millions. I have figured that with my 30 year career here at DAL, with the 9% B-fund (it will be 15% in the next CBA), their 2% in my 401K and my 12% max match, I should retire with about 10 million in the bank. Of course this is based on historical trends. Fact is that I will do well. It may not be in the traditional pension, but it is still a lot better than a LLC (SWA aside). DAL will be a great place to work after exit and people will be taping their selves to the main gate to get noticed. All and all I am glad with my decision.

General.
Is there any pay out for new hires. I have heard some very conflicting answers on this.

ACL65PILOT wrote:

I have to say that I am not surprised. He is one of the few men in the top leadership of any airline that delivers what he promises. He has kept good to his word. Bravo

Have you lost your sanity? Considering that worthless piece of crap was a major player in getting Delta to bankruptcy, it was the least he could do.

In reference to not seeing millions. I have figured that with my 30 year career here at DAL, with the 9% B-fund (it will be 15% in the next CBA)

15% B fund? I like your way of thinking but, where are you getting your info. I have done some volunteer work for ALPA and the number I am hearing is somewhere between 11-13%. Lets hope you are right.

800dog,

UAL gets a total of 15% now....so I don't think its unreasonable to think we can achieve that, but obviously until we fast forward to 2011/2012 when we actually GET a new contract, its all speculation and b.s.

Back to the topic at hand, I watched the Wheels Up video explaining the new non-union compensation and it was a pretty decent video. I had to laugh, however, when GG said his paycheck has stunk the last couple of years. Considering his audience, I would think he would have avoided saying something like that! Oh well, he's old right! I don't blame him for hiring Leo et al...back in the 90s, every company was making a killing. Most BODs could be asleep at the switch and it just didn't matter. Ours was just one of many companies not prepared for the new marketplace after 911. Leo, Michelle, Fred Reid & company should of course burn at the stake, but at least they are all gone now. Hopefully in Delta history movies in the future, 2001-2005 will get "The Emperor's Theme" from Star Wars as the background music when they refer to that loser management team.

I think the compensation they have come up with is pretty reasonable and they're doing things the right way. I read somewhere they're upping the starting pay for the rampers in NYC and may do it in other high cost of living places. I think this current management group 'gets it'. Its a good start to healing a lot of wounds....we pilots weren't the only ones wounded...we shouldn't forget that either.

Fingers crossed for a bright future,
-PF

Last edited:
In reference to not seeing millions. I have figured that with my 30 year career here at DAL, with the 9% B-fund (it will be 15% in the next CBA), their 2% in my 401K and my 12% max match, I should retire with about 10 million in the bank. Of course this is based on historical trends. Fact is that I will do well. It may not be in the traditional pension, but it is still a lot better than a LLC (SWA aside). DAL will be a great place to work after exit and people will be taping their selves to the main gate to get noticed. All and all I am glad with my decision.

So there still is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!

Latest resources

Back