• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RustyFan

Gulfstream Pilot Action Committee

UPDATE
December 8, 2008

Fellow NJI Pilots,

We hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with your families. The GPAC effort has hit overdrive. In the past few weeks the registration numbers have been the highest since the effort started and the election will be carried out in early January of 2009. It is very important to understand that if an NJI pilot does not register with GPAC, she/he will not receive a ballot to vote for the GPAC leaders.

After months of dialogue with NJASAP, the union leaders have publicly agreed to work with the GPAC as the voice of NJI pilots. We have also fully briefed our President on all aspects of the GPAC and have ensured him there are no surprises behind this effort.

It is now our duty to bring forward the pilots who can serve our group by engaging in the integration process. We will need solid, dependable and trustworthy line pilots who will be fair and bring forward the popular voice of our pilot group. Over the next few months, NJI management will sit down with Bill Olsen and NJASAP to discuss the integration in detail. GPAC will fill a very unique role in this process. GPAC leaders will be required to dedicate themselves to this process and work diligently to ensure their actions and statements represent the overall consensus of NJI pilots.

Here are just a few of the things these leaders will be required to do:

• Read and understand the NJASAP Collective Bargaining Agreement, the NJASAP Bylaws, and the NJI Employee Handbook and Operations Guidelines. GPAC will need to become very familiar with all of these legal documents.
• Avail themselves to all NJI pilots for questions and comments, regardless if they registered with GPAC or not. GPAC will represent all NJI pilots.

GPAC Mission Statement:

(As originally stated on October 23rd, 2008)

“Let us be clear in what we are attempting to achieve. Our mission is to achieve a smooth integration with NJA pilots under the collective bargaining agreement and their union, NJASAP. While protecting the rights of NJI pilots we are not attempting to organize a new union nor attempting to preempt the LOA addressing the single carrier status of our two pilot groups. We are simply making the necessary steps to ensure our voices, “the line pilots of NJI” are heard and our best interests are protected in this process. There will be a merger of our pilot groups and NJI pilots will need a leadership team from within our ranks. Our management has served us well in the past and we can all be proud of the relationship we have built together, but they can no longer be the agent of our collective voice in matters concerning the union.”

It cannot be stated more clearly that the GPAC goal is to engage in the integration process to insure all parties involved hear the voices and concerns of NJI line pilots. With this goal in mind, it is important for all NJI pilots to understand that the GPAC cannot enter this process making demands from either management or the union. Our leaders must be open to discussing issues that may not be to our liking. This integration process can be done correctly and fairly if all parties involved dedicated themselves to the goal of insuring that NetJets continues to be the world leader in fractional jet ownership. We must find a way to integrate our pilot groups while continuing to provide the service to our owners we have from our inception.
Final Time Line:

NOW THROUGH JAN 4th

Continue the registration process and allow NJI pilots to nominate fellow pilots to serve on GPAC.

JAN 5

Registration closes. All GPAC supporters will be notified via email the names and contact numbers of the eight candidates receiving the most nominations.

JAN 11

Ballots emailed to all registered pilots with voting instructions.

JAN 18

Voting closes at 1200 noon (EST). Ballots will be tallied and the six pilots receiving the most votes will be notified (four members and two alternates).

JAN19

• Letters of notification will be sent to NetJets management, and NJASAP.
• Email notification will be sent to all registered pilots with the names and contact information of the GPAC Leaders.

In Closing:

All Flight crews in the NetJets organization received a message from our Chairman, Mr. Santulli. The NJI pilots received an additional message from our President. The messages were crystal clear: We don't know what's ahead in the turbulent financial world, but we must remember how important it is to provide every owner/passenger the superior service they have come to expect in flying on a NetJets aircraft. The GPAC organizers support this 100%. We must navigate these changing times with the utmost professionalism to ensure NetJets emerges from these times as a stronger company. In doing so, we will remain the world leader in fractional aircraft ownership.

Best Regards, and Fly Safe!

This is an honest question. This isn't an attack on GPAC in any way.

What influence do you think GPAC has on the upcoming integration? With the LOAs already signed, it seems that the road has already been paved. In your opinion, does GPAC have any "clout" to sway which way the integration will go?

I ask this because there are a lot of misinformed pilots (from both sides) that think GPAC is there to negotiate the terms of the integration. From what I understand, that couldn't be further from the truth.

Please explain what your feelings are as to the exact roll the GPAC will play.

Thanks!

I'm probably not the person to answer this, but because I know one of the organizers very well, I'll make an attempt.

GPAC is not trying to sway or change the integration in any way. They will serve as a voice for NJI pilots and a sounding board for NJASAP.

NJI pilots will become full members of NJASAP and GPAC will work with NJASAP to develop education venues to accomplish this. If issues arise during the integration in which NJASAP has questions or they want to gather the pulse of NJI pilots, GPAC is in place to do it.

Also, NJI pilots want a voice within the union, and we will need NJI stewards. GPAC can work with NJASAP to select and train these stewards. Also key people at NJI will also work on several different committees within NJASAP and GPAC will help identify those people as well (safety, pro standards, etc.)

I support GPAC because I believe we are all best served by being proactive in this integration. When I learned that NJASAP supported the GPAC effort, I knew A/I side pilots would work together to insure NetJets stays strong and this integration doesnt hurt our company. I know one of the organizers and he has years of experience in union offices. He wants to make sure NJI pilots have a legimate voice and a way to speak through this process.

I dont think anyone would argue that NJI pilots (while being the minority) should not be able to voice their opinions on issues invovling the integration, both internal to the union, and external to their working conditions at NJI.

Just my .02

And then I find this... dumb me...:erm:

NJI DYK #01-07

Do you know what role GPAC will play in the integration?

The Gulfstream Pilot Action Committee, more commonly referred to as GPAC, was formed by NJI pilots for the benefit of NJI pilots. The committee is not attempting to organize NJI pilots; rather they are working to faciliate a process whereby NJI pilots interface with the Company and NJASAP during the integration. Committee leaders have been in touch with NJASAP and the lines of communication between the two groups are strong and open.

Well said Gruman Fan.

All NJI pilots are encouraged to register with both GPAC and NJASAP as the integration process will ultimately lead to their induction into NJASAP.

GPAC is here to help that transition from our side. Getting involved in either one requires being proactive.

Registration with GPAC is not a prerequisite for NJASAP membership. Still, the NJASAP Integration Team encourages NJI flight crew members to register with GPAC.

Latest resources

Back