Govt Aircraft?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlightTraker

Today at Denver Centennial (APA) a PC-6 with a large antenna aray off the tail landed. I would say it was about 7 feet off the tail, 8 inches in diameter and curved vertically above the tail. The boom had football shaped pods on it. The same football shaped pods also were on the wing tips, one on each mounted straight out(not hanging under the wing). Four guys got out in military flightsuits with no patches or nametags. The aircraft had a civilian paint scheme and N number.

The line guys said the pilots won't tell you what they are doing or who they fly for. One guy was convinced they were FBI, and the aircraft is used to evesdrop on conversations in building below.

Any seen or know what these aircraft are used for, and eho flies them?

FlightTraker

Yes, that's it...the Interior Dept. They must be out tracking deer mating calls to ensure no poachers are running around!

Think about any govt agency that wants to REALLY get something done....would they advertise it? Would you expect the N# to be N123FBI? or N345DEA? Even our USAF special ops MC-130s don't have US markings on them. The only thing you can be SURE of is that they aren't CIA, since the CIA can't operate (ie OPERATE, gather intel, spy, etc) inside the US. Other than that, let your imagination run wild, and you'll probably be pretty close to the truth. For my money, I say more power to 'em. They're probably underpaid, overworked, and sick and tired of chasing down every nervous ninny lead for the past 9 months. But I'm glad they're out there.

Latest resources

Back