• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Got A Call From Swa Today!!

Bake

I LIKE THE GEEZER METER!!
Total Time
41 Tms
However it wasn't about the next class as I was hoping for when I heard Jennifer's voice, but they are asking me to come to Dal for fingerprinting and to show my proof of citizenship. She did offer me a pass to fly there much like they did for the interview.

Just wanted to see if any of you out there had the same call.

Happy swimming,

Bake

Bake

I LIKE THE GEEZER METER!!
Total Time
41 Tms
Just to add something to this. I am not a foreign national. Jennifer told me this was something new that the FAA was now requiring and that any delay in getting this done would delay my class date? Your guess is as good as mine on this deal because I had never heard of it before. I am scheduled to go to DAL this friday to have it done. I will post a TR on this when I get back on saturday.

BAke

dhampton

Just another number
Total Time
Bake,

Jennifer's right, it's a new thing. All of us on the line are getting fingerprinted also.

Krunch

Total Time
Security...

Is it easier for those of us who have government security clearances or is the process the same ???

"Krunch"

SWAnging

Total Time
FYI

I have to admit the fingerprint thing caught my curiosity, so I decided to call the PD to see if I needed to get fingerprinted. My call must have been one in many calls they have recieved about this new issue. They were very nice and made it clear that they would call me when they needed my prints. In other words guys:
"Don't call them, they will call you."

qxeplt

Total Time
Fingerprints?

I had my prints done at the airline I currently work for. Are these SWA specific or will they cross over from my current job?

LJDRVR

Total Time
All pilots flying as crewmembers on a 12,500 pound or greater AC are required to be fingerprinted by next December I believe. Not sure if the new law applies to part 91, but it does to 135/121. Does not matter if you have a security clearance or not.

Cheers!

DH200

Total Time
7000+
Fingerprints

I got the call from Jan this morning to be fingerprinted. She wanted it done by next week. Sounds promising

qxeplt

Total Time
Me too...

I got a call from the PD aslo. I'll do whatever they need, to be that much closer to a class date.

Dain the pool...Drain the pool...Please

RJones

Rico SWAFO
Total Time
15000+
FYI

Went in this morning and did my fingerprinting. Painless and very quick, took less than 15 minutes.

RJ (jetpltrich)