Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jet_Driver

"There I was...."
So, my NWA sponsor called me today and told me that he was contacted from NWA (I'm unclear if he said it was the CP or HR), but they sent him a form to fill out for a recommendation to go along with an interview.

The point was that he told me that they intend to interview me. So, I guess this is the next step everyone should look for. So, if you all have a sponsor, call him/her and see if they have been contacted in a simillar way.

So, my NWA sponsor called me today and told me that he was contacted from NWA (I'm unclear if he said it was the CP or HR), but they sent him a form to fill out for a recommendation to go along with an interview.

The point was that he told me that they intend to interview me. So, I guess this is the next step everyone should look for. So, if you all have a sponsor, call him/her and see if they have been contacted in a simillar way.

Good luck!

I have a friend that is looking to get hired as well and he put down my name on the online appl. I recieved an email yesterday from NWA HR to fill out to complete my so called "sponcership" of my friend. I haven't been on property since Feb 02. Good luck to all of your trying to go to NWA.

BTW - If anyone cares, I talked to a friend that was furloughed in 01' and is now back in training for the Dc-9. He says that the training is MUCH more confused and unorginized that it was pre 9/11. My advice - Do the interview and decide later. I think they would be better that any regional but I would think long and hard about leaving a National (non RJ) operator.

Again - Good luck.

I have a friend that is looking to get hired as well and he put down my name on the online appl. I recieved an email yesterday from NWA HR to fill out to complete my so called "sponcership" of my friend. I haven't been on property since Feb 02. Good luck to all of your trying to go to NWA.

BTW - If anyone cares, I talked to a friend that was furloughed in 01' and is now back in training for the Dc-9. He says that the training is MUCH more confused and unorginized that it was pre 9/11. My advice - Do the interview and decide later. I think they would be better that any regional but I would think long and hard about leaving a National (non RJ) operator.

Again - Good luck.

Going to baja

All I can say is that your friend is an idiot. He puts on his app a sponsor who is not an employee. Geez!!! Not even at the door and he already shot himself on the foot. As per you getting an email from HR, sounds like BS.

Later

BTW - If anyone cares, I talked to a friend that was furloughed in 01' and is now back in training for the Dc-9. He says that the training is MUCH more confused and unorginized that it was pre 9/11.

Sorry, but I just have to raise the BS flag on this one. I came back from furlough in Apr/May, in the -9, and I thought that the training was very straightforward and organized. Believe me, I am no kool-aid drinker, but I thought the training was great the entire way through, and EVERY capt. instructor was top notch with a great attitude. I have to say that it was probably the best training event that I have had. Expectations were outlined on day one.

Did your buddy have problems going through the training, or is he just pissed at a seat lock in the -9?

Jam-bro....you're the idiot....I think that even furloughed employees can write letters of rec. BTW - What's with the attitude?

123 - I'm just reporting...That's what my friends said. He was a 727 f/o like me pre furlough.

I would agree w/ you regarding NWA's training. I thought that they had a great training program when I was there before. It's funny. Alaska thinks they have reinvinted the wheel in regards to training but I found their training to be equal to SkyW of possibley even worse.

Baja.

Jam-bro....you're the idiot....I think that even furloughed employees can write letters of rec. BTW - What's with the attitude?

123 - I'm just reporting...That's what my friends said. He was a 727 f/o like me pre furlough.

I would agree w/ you regarding NWA's training. I thought that they had a great training program when I was there before. It's funny. Alaska thinks they have reinvinted the wheel in regards to training but I found their training to be equal to SkyW of possibley even worse.

Baja.

Baja

You are thinking wrong again moron. Only CURRENTLY EMPLOYED NWA PILOTS can submit pilot recommendations, not some dumb a$$ working at Alaska while on "furlough". If u did get that email from HR, send me a PM. I'd love to see it but I doubt it exists.

Another of your untrue and baseless posts puts NWA Training Dept in chaos and disarray. You could not be farther from the truth. If there is something I have always been impressed here at NWA, is the high quality of training. Someone else chimed in on this thread, who rescently went thru his recall-groundschool, disputing your 'friends' claim.

Also, all your post are about how anyone at the national level should think "long and hard" before coming to NWA. Would I want a rec from u. Don't think so!!!! Yeap, things suck hard here, but it will improve. Honestly, I AM SORRY IF YOU GOT FURLOUGHED!! I payed your Med for 3 yrs. Proof that us pilots here at NWA are not a bad bunch to be part of. Stop posting "inaccurate" info. It does not reflect good on you.

Jam-bro....you're the idiot....I think that even furloughed employees can write letters of rec.

Um...you're wrong.

Not just "sorta" wrong....utterly, absolutely, no-kidding, SWA/FO, wrong.

The recommendation guidelines are in two PENTRY e-mails.

Did you get them?

Baja

You are thinking wrong again moron. Only CURRENTLY EMPLOYED NWA PILOTS can submit pilot recommendations, not some dumb a$$ working at Alaska while on "furlough". If u did get that email from HR, send me a PM. I'd love to see it but I doubt it exists.

Here you go a$$XXXX:

You are receiving this email because you have been listed as recommending a Pilot Candidate. This email is a request for you to complete the attached recommendation form. Note: you will receive a separate email for each recommendation you are making, unfortunately our current process does not automatically let you know who listed you as a referral - in the near future our system will be more automated. This form will help to assess the flying skills, technical knowledge, character, and customer service skills of the candidate. Recommendations will result in the candidate being reviewed by the Pilot Recruitment Team, the most competitive candidates will be considered for interviews (Note: given our high standards and strong competition, some candidates may not receive interviews). Timely receipt of this recommendation will assist us in maintaining candidate flow.

Please complete the attached form
Save a copy of the form
Reattach the form to original email and reply (please do not reply to all)
or Send back to this address: [email protected]

Thank you; Northwest values your assistance in helping to hire the best Pilots in the industry. We apologize for not being able to return all your phone calls related to the recommendation form, if you have any questions, please email xxxxxxxxxxxx.

The Pilot Recruitment Team

==================

So there you go dumba$$....I'm waiting for your "I'm Sorry." I also recieved an attachemt to fill out and return.

BTW - How did I become a dumba$$ for working at Alaska? I am SOOOO glad I never have the opportunity to be in the same cockpit as you. And oh yeah...Thanks for the medical payments. My guess is that you refused to pay like the rest of the group. As for your brothers that did pay... I'd like to say "THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!!" The insurance did help out my family more than you can imagine. Speaking of helping...The payments into my 401k and my checking account also very much helped out in this reduced income year. I very much look forward to the DC plan...Please send more $$$$!

Oh yeah...back to Jam-bro........If you read my previous post I said that my experience w/ NWA training was the best and my friends that is in there now said that it was somewhat confused....That's it. Nothing else was implied or infured. If NWA had a LAX base I'd be back in a sec.....I'm just looking out for myself and my family.

So jam-bro please get off yourself and chill the heck out. Every airline has it's plus's and minus's...yours is just at he bottom right now and I'm glad I'm not there currently - That's it dude.

Baja.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back