• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GOP Consultant ("K. Rove IT Guru") Killed in Suspicious Plane Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A lot of the political driven reporting centers on how Conner was "warned" of possible sabotage. It's pandering to a constituency that desperately wants the sabotage story to be true. Here's a report that has some more details that make a lot more sense to those of us who actually fly and understand how airplanes work (or don't work for that matter).

http://adventurebooks.newsvine.com/...by-weather-or-engine-failure-not-a-conspiracy

Thanks for the link, although it gives very little in the way of actual details. The article says nothing in terms of the technical aspects as to what transpired. That was a very layman article with no real information. There's absolutely nothing to gleen from it from a pilots perspective as you state. It's far from comprehensive or acceptable in terms of cause.

Perhaps this was a politically motivated rumor. It seems you don't have much information yourself either as to the particulars. You mentioned fuel exhaustion but the article states something along the lines of icing on the wings or intake icing.

Why do you mention fuel as the cause. Whats your source. Was it already determined that his tanks were empty? The article seems to indicate intake or structural ice. But seems to just throw out possibilities to dismiss "conspiracy theories" without addressing something more tangible. Has a preliminary NTSB report been released?

I'm quite curious as to the particular circumstances surrounding his crash and why they felt it was sabotaged. I thought perhaps someone was local to this accident who had more intimate details as to the how and why the plane crashed.

This whole issue is little more than a cover story to distract attention from ACORN and the Democrat's own massive election fraud.

Is that so?

It was specifically created to draw attention away from ACORN's massive election fraud?

Please provide some sources for this allegation. How have you determine that ACORN executed a massive election fraud. This sounds quite serious and well, I'd like to know how you arrived at that conclusion. I've seen nothing in the media which indicates this, so please enlighten me.

Don't forget that Karl Rove-Halliburton McHitler also has a weather machine! He did cause Katrina to punish New Orleans for electing Democrats after all.

Great. reply. Jim.

Maybe a more constructive post would be worth reading.

FYI
I'm a conservative republican and have voted republican for every election other than this one. So please stop with the democrat/liberal nonsense.

Is that so?

It was specifically created to draw attention away from ACORN's massive election fraud?

Please provide some sources for this allegation. How have you determine that ACORN executed a massive election fraud. This sounds quite serious and well, I'd like to know how you arrived at that conclusion. I've seen nothing in the media which indicates this, so please enlighten me.

ACORN committed massive election fraud. They registered dead people, the defensive line of an NFL football team, and several people who just plain didn't exist.

You haven't heard ANYTHING about this? I find that hard to believe...unless, of course, you don't think that any of the news reports regarding this issue were accurate.

Thanks for the link, although it gives very little in the way of actual details. The article says nothing in terms of the technical aspects as to what transpired. That was a very layman article with no real information. There's absolutely nothing to gleen from it from a pilots perspective as you state. It's far from comprehensive or acceptable in terms of cause.

Perhaps this was a politically motivated rumor. It seems you don't have much information yourself either as to the particulars. You mentioned fuel exhaustion but the article states something along the lines of icing on the wings or intake icing.

Why do you mention fuel as the cause. Whats your source. Was it already determined that his tanks were empty? The article seems to indicate intake or structural ice. But seems to just throw out possibilities to dismiss "conspiracy theories" without addressing something more tangible. Has a preliminary NTSB report been released?

I'm quite curious as to the particular circumstances surrounding his crash and why they felt it was sabotaged. I thought perhaps someone was local to this accident who had more intimate details as to the how and why the plane crashed.
One of the possible causes trotted out by the news media was possible fuel exhaustion. I heard it on the radio just like every one else. You can look this stuff up if you want to. It might not be as much fun as a conspiracy theory but it does bring up the important issue of election fraud in this country. It will be interesting to see how Obama's campaign fares in all this.

ACORN committed massive election fraud. They registered dead people, the defensive line of an NFL football team, and several people who just plain didn't exist.

You haven't heard ANYTHING about this? I find that hard to believe...unless, of course, you don't think that any of the news reports regarding this issue were accurate.

Well, I certainly heard the buzz about ACORNs fraudulant activity pre and post-election. Perhaps I was being a little coy, as you stated that it was ACORN who advanced these rumors of sabatoge specifically, so as to distract. Concerning this crash, I haven't heard that reported connection.

I couldn't care less that this guy now lives 6 feet under. Conspiracy theories are a nice escape from reality, but certainly don't replace it. Like I said, I was wondering if anyone was local to the crash and knew what took place, outside of what the mieda reports.

That is all. :)

Well, I certainly heard the buzz about ACORNs fraudulant activity pre and post-election. Perhaps I was being a little coy, as you stated that it was ACORN who advanced these rumors of sabatoge specifically, so as to distract. Concerning this crash, I haven't heard that reported connection.

I couldn't care less that this guy now lives 6 feet under. Conspiracy theories are a nice escape from reality, but certainly don't replace it. Like I said, I was wondering if anyone was local to the crash and knew what took place, outside of what the mieda reports.

That is all. :)

I flew in commercial from SFO that night and arrived CLE (40 miles from CAK) at ~800pm. Ceilings at that time were about 1000-1200 agl and 10M vis.

However, looking at the weather at CAK at time of accident (shortly after 600pm), the ceilings and vis (which had been similar to CLE) dropped significantly to 200-400 and less than 2M vis. His filed alitude from College Park was 6000 ft was likely to stay above the overcast layer as I don't believe his Saratoga had TKS or boots. (His plane was hangared near mine at CAK) Final for ILS 23 would have placed him at 3200 MSL and therefore in the crud. I later heard from locals at CAK that there were no prior reports of icing on descent but again, that was likely before the ceilings/vis had dropped relatively quickly.

Disorientation, Icing, both --we can only speculate as to the cause based on our own experiences in being in that type of situation but this conspiracy crap, ray guns. et al suggests once again people have way too much time when they are armed with a mouse and keyboard.

Mike was a quiet leader who made an incredible difference in our community and church (read the obits) and was a devoted father to four. I can't imagine how difficult Christmas was for the Connell family and friends but our prayers and thoughts are with them.

The link cited by the moonbat site seems to be dead (probably censored by Karl Rove).

I believe this is the FAA preliminary data for this accident:

----------------
IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 9299N Make/Model: PA32 Description: PA-32 Cherokee Six, Six, Saratoga, Turbo
Date: 12/19/2008 Time: 2253

Event Type: Accident Highest Injury: Fatal Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Destroyed

DESCRIPTION
AIRCRAFT ON APPROACH, CRASHED INTO A HOUSE, THE ONE PERSON ON BOARD WAS
FATALLY INJURED, NEAR AKRON, OH

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 1
# Crew: 1 Fat: 1 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: 192251Z 30011 9 BKN005 OVC 01/M01 A2978

OTHER DATA
Activity: Unknown Phase: Approach Operation: OTHER

FAA FSDO: CLEVELAND, OH (GL25) Entry date: 12/22/2008
-----------------------

There is a for sale ad for this aircraft that makes no mention of any anti-ice syste.

I find not the slightest indication of 'sabotage' in the available data.

Thanks for the last few substantive and informative posts. Another accident to be filed away in my mental filing cabinet. It does appear to be a run-of-the-mill GA accident then.

Latest resources

Back