• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Goodbye F-22 program. We hardly new ye.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
but when you jump ship there are no jobs to jump into, however a burning ship will keep you warm.

Doesn't seem like the guys I have seen jump are really having a hard time finding a job. Gotta say something when people are willing to leave, even in the economic times we are currently experiencing.

It ain't over till it's over, boys. Lets not forget that when Dick Cheney was the Sec of Defense, he wanted the V-22 Osprey cancelled...and cancelled the program more than once....the congress overrode his decision more than once.

And that airplane..or whatever the hell it is, should have died a quiet death....

We won WWII with 1930’s aircraft.

Which 1930's aircraft would you be referring too?

Safer World, full of love

After WWI and WWII We elected to get out of the military business, the bad guys did not. Certainly made the world a safer place didn't it. As anti-war activist Charles Lindbergh said in his Bio. "I was wrong about WWII, if we had been as strong in 1940 as we were in 1943 WWII would not have happened"
If Willow Run (KYIP) had been cranking one B-24 per hour in 1940, no one would have messed with us.

Last edited:
Shortsighted planning

After WWI and WWII We elected to get out of the military business, the bad guys did not. Certainly made the world a safer place didn't it. As anti-war activist Charles Lindbergh said in his Bio. "I was wrong about WWII, if we had been as strong in 1940 as we were in 1943 WWII would not have happened"
If Willow Run (KYIP) had been cranking one B-24 per hour in 1940, no one would have messed with us.

Unfortunately, it is politically near-impossible for a democracy to properly arm itself when threats are seen as remote. It is also far too tempting for aggressors, expecting a quick knockout, to look only at a target's current capabilities and ignore its potential. Yamamoto, who had lived in the U.S., warned the Japanese General Staff: "I can run wild in the Pacific for six months, but then what?"

In Navy Times

I've been looking also. Nothing there that I can find.
Navy Times said bonuses will cut back for almost all rates with the exception for things like Nuclear Power, Advanced ET. This was primarily addressing enlisted rates. Also said they were going to clean the ranks of over 20 yr E7+

After WWI and WWII We elected to get out of the military business, the bad guys did not.

From 2005 onward the US Military budget has been greater than the rest of the world's military spending - combined.

That is as far a cry from getting out of the military business as is possible.

From 2005 onward the US Military budget has been greater than the rest of the world's military spending - combined.

That military spending was put to good use over the past 24 hours with some Somalis getting some lead poisoning courtesy of some SEALS.

The total military budget

about 25% of the Mil budget is retiree pensions and benefits. Most of these retireee are "Cold War" vets and their dependants. They will be around in large numbers for the next 20-30 years. That accounts for a lot of the mil budget. So where do you cut?, expensive programs, F-22's, CVN's, and Nuc Weapons.

Latest resources

Back