• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Goodbye F-22 program. We hardly new ye.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nothing sounds fun about 17 hours unless that is how long I have at the hotel. 5 hours is my limit...then I am not having any fun.

Are we still talking about flying? 4 hours is the limit then you're supposed to call your doctor.

Yes, but they did it during a major world war and it was too little to late. Had they had the ME-262 and all those cool toys at the beginning we would all be speaking German, and historians all agree. The point is to have the edge when the fight breaks out. Prepare for the next war, not the last one.

They believe we will be prepared, in 3-4 years, with the F-35A. Until then we have to make due with the F-22s we already have.

The cut in the F-22 program is funding the F-35.

Looks like 67 new F-22s for our brothers in Blue. But we are down to 9 CBGs.

DefenseAlert, April 3, 2009 -- Defense Secretary Robert Gates is set on Monday to announce changes to the military services' weapon system programs, including the restructuring of the Army's Future Combat Systems program, purchases of more Air Force F-22s and a decision to shrink the number of aircraft carrier battle groups to nine, according to sources close to the budget process..

Peak 102

Nine!

Where did we peak? 14 or 15?
Aircraft carriers with arresting gear and catapults.Aug 1945-102 , Sept 1968-25, Feb 1991-14

Aircraft carriers with arresting gear and catapults.Aug 1945-102 , Sept 1968-25, Feb 1991-14

To compare apples to apples, the accurate comparison ought to be CVN only.

A nuke CSG with a current CVW is exponentially more capable than the old CBGs.

Latest resources

Back