• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Goodbye Check Haulers!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Someone will figure out how to fraud a bank out of millons, they we will go back to the paper checks. They have been talking about all of this since 1978 when I flew my first check run.

Last edited:
I never even knew you could get your cancelled checks back. Mine always come as photocopies. I hardly ever write any checks, anyway, and I know most people (teens and 20s) who have checking accounts don't write many checks either.

Canceled checks return

dmspilot00 said:
I never even knew you could get your cancelled checks back. Mine always come as photocopies.
It depends on your checking account. Some banks offer checking accounts with return of canceled checks. Some banks don't want to bother returning checks, so you have to ask for it.

time to move on

I hope the check hauling companies and thier employess, start expanding on thier options now instead of waiting till they get thier pinkslips -----------------------------sure will miss hearing star checkers and flight express guys out there , But good luck guys .

Bobby,

Just because they use electronic checks under the check21, doesn't mean that the banks will stop exchanging the paper checks, it's just now they can use cheaper slower means, like trucks.

There may be a few screwups with an electronic system, but in the end run, it is better than paper.

Take the NYSE and financial markets in general as an example. Back in the 60's the NYSE had to close for days at a time, just to catch up with the paperwork of clearing securities transactions. People were literally running up and down the streets firm to firm pushing carts full of stock certificates. As the volume on the NYSE increased, so did the clearing issues, until one day in the 80's several billion dollars of securities were simply lost. Wall street realized its problem and began to computerize its clearing, now you never see a stock certificate unless you actually request it, and trillions of dollars of securities change hands every day with no effort at all.

jetbluedog,

Maybe a few appointments with Dr. Phil would boost your self esteem so you don't need to take take pleasure in the (supposed) demise of others?

Perhaps I misunderstood the point of your post, but it sure seems energetic and enthusiastic. To quote you, "GOODBYE NIGHT-TIME CHECK HAULERS!!! (eg. Goodbye AIRNET SYSTEMS and OTHERS!")

A great American once said, "Can't we all just get along?

>>>Even National Public Radio expressed concern for the potentially lost jobs with a report aired on its Evening Edition news program the day President Bush signed the Check 21 legislation into law.<<<

"Even National Public Radio"?

It is surprising that NPR expressed concern over a job loss that was "caused" by GWB?

I am about as surprised that NPR is concerned by a GWB decision as I am surprised that John Kerry is concerned by a GWB decision.

The Sky is Falling

Seems we were all waiting for the world to come to a standstill on 01/01/00 too. Something tells me that the exec's at Airnet are in close contact with those in the know and have a pretty good hold on what this means to their business...maybe..you think...possibly...they might just know what they are doing.

W

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back