Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
For the purpose of a mid-cross continent fuel stop in the New Orleans, Gulfport, Baton Rouge area, who has a good sit-down airport restaurant we can walk to while refueling and minimize ground time?

Dont have time to get in courtesy car and drive 5 miles to go eat.

Thanks

There is a great place near MSY. They have great fish plates, as well as others, available. Can't remember the name so ask the FBO. I am pretty sure it's on the north east corner of the airport. You can't walk there but its a 5 minute car ride.

Fuel is cheaper at KNEW New Orleans Lakefront vs KMSY airport. There is a great seafood joint Castnet Seafood less the 5 min from airport. Cafe Roma has pasta ,pizza, and salads also 5 min from airport. If you want to realy treat yourself and have 2hrs. there are tons of great places less then 20 mins away in the quarter.

KCWF - Lake Charles/Chennault Field, only 60nm west of LFT. VERY nice Million Air there, and although there isn't a restaurant on the field they can have a joint nearby called Leonard's deliver some good po'boys & cajun food to the airport, ready and waiting for your arrival.

One ILS, control tower, loooooooooooong runway, little traffic other than military trainers, and they do AvTrip points & AvFuel contract.

Kenner Seafood is a 5 minute crew car ride from MSY. Good cajun and many locals go there. Over by NEW you have Deanie's. Also about a 5 minute crew car ride. Again, good cajun if you want to have some local flavor.

Drove to a Mexican place, about 5 minutes from the FBO, best fish tacos I've had.... My partner had the shrimp fajitas, it looked prety damn good. The FBO van took us.

Latest resources

Back