good restaurant near airport? MSY/GPT/BTR area

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
Total Time
5000+
For the purpose of a mid-cross continent fuel stop in the New Orleans, Gulfport, Baton Rouge area, who has a good sit-down airport restaurant we can walk to while refueling and minimize ground time?

Dont have time to get in courtesy car and drive 5 miles to go eat.

Thanks

semperfido

Keep Humpin
Total Time
11K+
just do what I do on cross country flights- pack my own :)

bizjet800

Total Time
6000+
There is a great place near MSY. They have great fish plates, as well as others, available. Can't remember the name so ask the FBO. I am pretty sure it's on the north east corner of the airport. You can't walk there but its a 5 minute car ride.

ditchpilot

Total Time
Fuel is cheaper at KNEW New Orleans Lakefront vs KMSY airport. There is a great seafood joint Castnet Seafood less the 5 min from airport. Cafe Roma has pasta ,pizza, and salads also 5 min from airport. If you want to realy treat yourself and have 2hrs. there are tons of great places less then 20 mins away in the quarter.

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Total Time
1500+
KCWF - Lake Charles/Chennault Field, only 60nm west of LFT. VERY nice Million Air there, and although there isn't a restaurant on the field they can have a joint nearby called Leonard's deliver some good po'boys & cajun food to the airport, ready and waiting for your arrival.

One ILS, control tower, loooooooooooong runway, little traffic other than military trainers, and they do AvTrip points & AvFuel contract.

SpaceBall 1

Props are for boats
Total Time
5000+
Kenner Seafood is a 5 minute crew car ride from MSY. Good cajun and many locals go there. Over by NEW you have Deanie's. Also about a 5 minute crew car ride. Again, good cajun if you want to have some local flavor.

CALRepublic

Total Time
plenty
Drove to a Mexican place, about 5 minutes from the FBO, best fish tacos I've had.... My partner had the shrimp fajitas, it looked prety damn good. The FBO van took us.

tomgoodman

Total Time
Try the shrimp po-boy

There is a great place near MSY. They have great fish plates, as well as others, available. Can't remember the name so ask the FBO. I am pretty sure it's on the north east corner of the airport. You can't walk there but its a 5 minute car ride.
Probably "Harbor Seafood" on Williams Blvd, a block or so north of I-10.

cheyflyer

It wasn't me!!
Total Time
KLFT... Lafayette, LA. About 2 min from the FBO via crew car is J.B. Snubs, awesome burgers. Only open from about 10am to 2pm, cash only, you wont be sorry.

CF