• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good place to rent aircraft in Tacoma?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I rented from PAVCO a few years ago and they had some nice new millenium edition cessnas on the line for reasonable rates. Nice new facility too. Dont know if there are still there. East side of Tacoma Narrows field. They will be in the phone book.

I live near the airport. It is just across the Narrows bridge form Tacoma in Gig Harbor. Pavco is an excellent facility and the folks are very nice. I actually started flying there about 12 years ago.

Is the weather in Tacoma as nasty as it is in Seattle? Been to Seattle a bunch and can't handle all the rain. How do you do flight training there?
Just curious.

merikeyegro said:
Is the weather in Tacoma as nasty as it is in Seattle? Been to Seattle a bunch and can't handle all the rain. How do you do flight training there?
Just curious.

Yeah, it's pretty nasty outside right now...

METAR KSEA 262056Z 08010KT 10SM FEW250 31/06 A2999
METAR KTIW 262053Z 36008KT 10SM CLR 29/05 A2998 (Tacoma Narrows)

It'll be this way through Oct-Nov. Then we have the rainy season in the winter, then it's back to what you see above. But, keep that weather myth alive. I would prefer to keep the "curious" types on the outside looking in.:D

We have all the interlopers our highways can handle at the present time.

merikeyegro said:
Just curious.

I was a flight instructor in the Seattle area for years before going to the airlines. It's one of the best areas I can think of for training. Yes we do have an occasional day where we sit and watch the water pour out of the sky. But for the most part, even on rainy days, there's plenty of ceiling and visibility to go fly. It's very good at teaching private students about real world weather and visibility. And it's great that my instrument students got to work in the system doing real approaches in real weather during training. How many FL or AZ students end up with a decent amount of actual IMC when they get their instrument rating?

You usually don't have to worry about severe weather in the summer either, and you have the choice of working in some very busy airspace (BFI, RNT, Auburn) or go just a few minutes away and have plenty of room to practice maneuvers at a quiet non-towered airport.

Yes, I'm biased, but it is a great place to fly.

HAL

Is Tacoma Narrows Apt the field on the west side of the bridge in/near Gig Harbor?

Pavco is the FBO at the Tacoma Narrows Airport to use. There have been others over the years but for a variety of reasons they failed. Pavco also has one of the best shops in the area.

Latest resources

Back