• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good place to live in Las Vegas area?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Summerlin. Better hurry housing is definitely on the way up! PM me if you need a great realtor. Welcome to Lost Wages :beer:

Both Green Valley/Henderson and Summerlin offer nice neighborhoods, good schools, and similar drives to the airport. Recreationally, they offer up quite a difference. If you are drawn to the lake, go for GV/H. They also have Bootleg Canyon mountain bike park. If you like the mountains and Red Rock, Summerlin is closer. Big offerings are road/mountain biking, hiking, and rock climbing. Normally I would say come out and rent for a year, but right now I would advise buying something right away. You can always sell (probably with a nice profit) if you decide you like somewhere else better.

Word on Blue Diamond. Not far from the SW side of LAS, but might as well be a few hundred miles and several decades in the past. I don't think there are even streetlights on the main road leading to the BD turnoff.

I'm not a big Henderson fan, personally, but really enjoy the newer side of town out by Red Rocks. Lots of great dining and convienent shopping and most houses/apartments are not more than 15 years old.

If you would really like to be a hermit there is always Parhump.

Word on Blue Diamond. Not far from the SW side of LAS, but might as well be a few hundred miles and several decades in the past. I don't think there are even streetlights on the main road leading to the BD turnoff.

I'm not a big Henderson fan, personally, but really enjoy the newer side of town out by Red Rocks. Lots of great dining and convienent shopping and most houses/apartments are not more than 15 years old.

If you would really like to be a hermit there is always Parhump.

In Pahrump, the saying goes: "It's been a business doing pleasure with you..."*

*Brothel prostitution is legal in Nye County aka Pahrump.

I spent my High School years living in Green Valley while my dad was stationed at Nellis. Not sure how old your kids are, but the best high school hands down in Las Vegas is Bishop Gorman High School. It is private and a bit pricey. However your kids will get the best education, and without a doubt the best sports programs in the state. Then again I went there and became a pilot, so maybe they don't always produce the smartest people. Good luck and enjoy southern Nevada. It is actually a great place to raise a family.

I've been living in Boulder City for twelve years.
Easy commute to anywhere.
No gambling and signs.
No gated streets, the whole town is gated one way in one way out.
Reasonable prop tax and no state tax.
No developers.
Largest town in NV with a footprint the size of Chicago with a pop of 16k.
High School graduating class size 150.
All schools stadium and pool in middle of town, no busses all walk to school.
If town wants to sell land > than 1 acre, must put on ballot during gen election.
Over abundance of police, response time four minutes.
Everyone knows everyone, if your kid is misbehaving your neighbor will tell you.
Curfew for kids inforced with sentencing to clean police cars and pickup thrash.
No gangs, no graffiti.
25 minutes to McCarren and the strip.
On the lake.
Buy used house or lot and build your own.
Most parks per capita in county.
World class mountain bike and bike trails.
Horse corrals.
1930s small downtown.
Many parades and art events in Vegas held in BC.
Airport with hangers.
BMX track
Outdoor cafes and antique stores.
Cat population down with opening of SWA pilot base.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back