Good Morning Fairbanks!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilot124,

In ANC and FAI there is a pretty good selection of women. Both towns have colleges. In the villages you never lose your girlfriend, you just lose your turn.......

I spent two night in ANC the beginning of May. I was walking around town with the FA's and showing them moose sign, tracks, tree rubbings(where they stratch their backs) and moose poop. They didn't believe me. The next morning we went to the wrong gate at Elmendorf. Sure enough, standing right there in a big mud puddle at 0400 in the morning was a big cow moose and her calf. Thank you Alaska. It took me 20 years to get back to ANC I wonder how long it will be now before I return.

In my still short time up here, I met more of the womenfolk in Juneau than anywhere else.

But I personally rank Fairbanks slightly above Anchorage in the fairer sex department. However, Anchorage does have the Moose's Tooth, which I swear has more pretty girls than just about anywhere I've ever been (and I worked for a long time where I was outnumbered by 10:1 by girls my age--so that's saying something).

But, if you're headed this way just for the women, you'll probably be sucked into buying a snow machine and a fishing pole and forget all about them anyway.

Dan

METAR PAFA 281453Z 00000KT 1/4SM R01L/3000FT FU VV003 18/10 A3014
RMK AO2 SLP207 T01780100 51008=

63 forest fires burning in interior Alaska. Forecast high above 90. Smoke so thick we've cancelled operations for the morning.

Gotta love the weather here!

HAL

Man, you guys cancelled some operations eh?

While we were stuck on the ground due to a fine government memo, we still managed to shoot approaches to Fairbanks only about a million times, or so.

I've NEARLY gotten my snot blown out (I am back in Anchorage for the night--but I'm headed back tomorrow). That smoke was/is incredible.

HAL, did you guys fly on Tuesday and go through the dark spots out there? We went through a couple that made us turn up all our cockpit lights it was so dark going through there.

I really we we had a camera for some of that stuff, because it was dark inside, but glowing orange outside (and that was at 10 grand or so).

Simply amazing.

Dan

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back