Good Luck

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

waveflyer

To the controllers handling the NYC Hudson River crash, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Whether there was a mistake or not- you as professionals have dealt with multiple set backs nationwide that have driven out some of your most experienced controllers. As a pilot just wanted to show my support to the controllers we work with every day.

Not ATC's fault!!

As far as im concerned this was a VFR accident. See and Avoid still prevails here. Nothing ATC could have done in my opinion. Out of curiosity, whos airspace did the accident take place?

I agree, our airspace needs to remain available and free to use. Auto collisions happen all the time, and occasionally aircraft collisions are going to happen as well. This was nobody's fault, especially the controller who had relinquished control of the aircraft after leaving his airspace. As a pilot, I take responsibility for see and avoid when applicable.

Clearing turns

When I learned to fly and I will admit it was a long time ago we in Naval Radiaton did clearing turns. While climbing out V.F.R. 20 degree angle of bank turns were done to insure no aircraft were in front or us.V.F.R. pretty much means look out for yourself. A.T.C. is pretty busy in my experence they are over worked but always most helpful . I think the controllers are being used as scapegoats because of budget cuts.

As a pilot just wanted to show my support to the controllers we work with every day.

I 2nd that!

----->You guys get us in and out of TEB good or bad wx, heavy traffic or light traffic.------> Thanks!

it's a shame that they are using you guys as the scapegoat. Keep your heads up. We couldnt get in and out of there without you guys.

Jb

Latest resources

Back