Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJDispatchKid

Thousands served...
I will be sitting in conducting some interviews for my airline in the next few weeks. What are some good, operational type questions you would pose to a new hire candidate? I want to make sure these people have more than just a pulse and can answer the 1-2-3 rule and tell me where they want to be in 5 year! I figure all of your job experiences and interview history could help me and my airline make better decisions.

Thanks in advance.

I will be sitting in conducting some interviews for my airline in the next few weeks. What are some good, operational type questions you would pose to a new hire candidate? I want to make sure these people have more than just a pulse and can answer the 1-2-3 rule and tell me where they want to be in 5 year! I figure all of your job experiences and interview history could help me and my airline make better decisions.

Thanks in advance.

Q: Give me an example of where you exercised your operational authority as a dispatcher. (propsarebest flunked this question he answered "yes")

Thanks Warner...

I should also note that these candidates may also be straight from dispatch school without any experience.

Thanks again

Newbie Q's

Test a persons judgement by providing an example of 4 different weather senerios and have them rank them by importance....and why.

Testing the newbies ability to anticipate potiential problems by provide several examples of TAFS where the forcast is getting worse, better, marginal then ask which may need an Alternate, and why.

Provide an office senerio where the weather is bad, the phones are ringing off the hook, scheduling has a problem with one of your crews, and the dispatcher has 12 releases to get done in the next 15 min. (Test how they handle multi-task and priorities)

Weather basics: i.e different air masses moving across the country during winter and summer months, what kind of potiential weather hazard could be expected above and below the Lows and highs...

Based on your office dynamics: ask how the newbie would use, or ask for help from fellow dispatchers in tight situations, Like MEL Performance interpolation, mutliple weather problems.Captains wanting more fuel etc..testing if they are willing to ask for help or to embarassed, which could cause mistakes...DRM

I would think these Q's would give you a good feel if the interviewee has the basic cognitive ability to accept the pressure of the job and mutlitask in a timely manor...

Latest resources

Back