Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good flight schools to instruct at.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sheble Aviation in Kingman, AZ. I instructed there for 7 months and did 1000 hrs dual in which 400 hrs of that was multiengine. I was in and out in no time at all. $450/week, free housing, and usually free food and beer. For Christmas, we got free seaplane ratings. You will work 7 days a week all day long with a week off every few months when you ask for it, but its worth it.

Thanks....I'm doing my ME there at some point..........

Thanks....I'm doing my ME there at some point..........
Sheble rocks. I'll be sure to drink my Coors light tonight at my birthday party in my Sheble Aviation beer cozy. I have a green one and a red one. But be warned. It is a sh!t hole (that's why it's so affordable.) Would be a great place to instruct though. Also be warned......Kingman AZ is even more of a sh!t hole. You'll have fun making your students do turns around a point around a meth lab on the outskirts of town.

I remember arriving there for my training and Senior was out front. I was lost as hell trying to find the place (not easy.) I said "Is this Sheble Aviation." He walked up to me, looked me up and down and said "Dayum son, did you come here to try out for the olympics or something?"

I was wearing some brand new running shoes!! I said "No, I came out here to try out for single and ME commercial ratings. Is this the place or what?!"

I had two instructors fly with me in the Travelair and I could swear one was Tom Petty. He had a long bushy blond mullet. Great instuctor though. I loved the "Monkey see, monkey do or else you keep getting slapped on the knuckles again until you have it 3 hour long lessons." You only get two before the checkride. Ha ha....I loved that place. I also took 2 checkrides in 3 different planes on my 6th day there.

Last edited:
I remember arriving there for my training and Senior was out front. I was lost as hell trying to find the place (not easy.) I said "Is this Sheble Aviation." He walked up to me, looked me up and down and said "Dayum son, did you come here to try out for the olympics or something?"

That sounds just like Senior. That guy is one crazy SOB, but I love the hell out of him!

I had two instructors fly with me in the Travelair and I could swear one was Tom Petty. He had a long bushy blond mullet.

Was The Tom Petty guy named Tom Allen??? Also when were you there. I may have flown with you.

Any idea what the checkride fee is there nowadays??

That sounds just like Senior. That guy is one crazy SOB, but I love the hell out of him!

Was The Tom Petty guy named Tom Allen??? Also when were you there. I may have flown with you.
I think I flew with 3 guys for the training/practice. One was a young dude named Jeff and that was all the C172 and 172RG stuff (man was that 172RG a peice of sh!t.) The other was named Louie and he started me in the BE95. The next day I got Tom Petty. I think his name may have been Tom actually. The other instuctor I remember were some wild acting dude that was up in Henderson half the time but was always ferrying the twin back down. He called the Arrow that the school was borrowing the Scarrow and was joking about having to instruct an instrument student for the day but was only a CFI (which, for all you confused folks out there, is perfectly legal outside the 15 hours of dual you must receive from a CFII.) Also, at Sheble's you will get an instument rating in a plane that hasn't gone through an IFR inspection in 30 years (also legal BTW.)

I think I flew with 3 guys for the training/practice. One was a young dude named Jeff and that was all the C172 and 172RG stuff (man was that 172RG a peice of sh!t.) The other was named Louie and he started me in the BE95. The next day I got Tom Petty. I think his name may have been Tom actually. The other instuctor I remember were some wild acting dude that was up in Henderson half the time but was always ferrying the twin back down. He called the Arrow that the school was borrowing the Scarrow and was joking about having to instruct an instrument student for the day but was only a CFI (which, for all you confused folks out there, is perfectly legal outside the 15 hours of dual you must receive from a CFII.) Also, at Sheble's you will get an instument rating in a plane that hasn't gone through an IFR inspection in 30 years (also legal BTW.)

I didnt fly with you then. I do not meet any of the profiles! You are so right about the instrument training there!

N6982U C172 RG Pos!!!

Ya you flew with B.H -Jeff Strahan...That RG had a full elec failure while I was on my CFi initial w/ the LAS FSDO...had to pump down the gear for real..get a clearance to land via cell phone...the whole thing pissed of FAA Saftey Inspector Marty Kay bad.....his last words to me before I left VGT with my CFI in hand was "your lucky I dont violate you for calling this piece of $hit airworthy"...in hindsight he was totaly right.

Latest resources

Back