Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mcjohn said:
Who is this "Baron" you speak of?

Baron (AKA Kuzu) in Turkey? or Baron (FedEx feeder) from Missouri?
the feeder..he flies the van, and he seems mighty happy in staying with his current job. Baron seems like a place where you could make a career out of flying a Caravan.

Simple, just call in with a vision problem.

You tell them you just don't see yourself coming into work:)

Wankel

Green said:
good excuse would be a bad back. Easy one to bs. Just go to a chiropractor and get something saying you need three or four days off. You can do it under the Family Medical Leave Act. A bill that was passed during Bill Clinton's administration which basically states that your employer has to keep your job for you if you require a leave of absence due to medical reasons. I don't think Bush has overturned that one yet.

Not *so* fast with FMLA. Your company has to have a minimum number of employees in order to use FMLA.

NoPax said:
2006 National Spelling Bee

You could say you have to attend a conference on this: http://commitment-phobia.com/

Good luck - nice work screwing over another cargo company...what is it, a six month commitment? Another outstanding representative of the aviation community...

WOW! Maybe NoPax should check this place out.... http://www.angercoach.com/

When I flew frieght, I made the commitment to myself to not job hunt for at least a year, so I got experience in all seasons, but I knew a guy who was getting calls for interviews his first week flying frieght. To each his own. If this guy has a better opportunity elsewhere, I say good luck! There are ALWAYS up and coming frieght dawgs!:cool:

Green said:
good luck with the new job. The more people that move on the more incentive companies have to actually pay a decent wage.

Or on the other hand, if the pilots are only there for temporary work - waiting for the next BBD, then the company is more likely to treat the pilots as such. Training contracts, low pay, minimum benefits, etc. Some companies just aren't going to be able to offer great pay and benefits, flying the latest equipment, flying great schedules to exotic locations.

Tell them you knocked up a FA who is married to a SEAL. You need a few days off to get the abortion and then lay low to see if her husband is stalking you... ;) TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back