Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

loisgriffin

Hey all,

I'm going to Boston next month and just wanted to know if anyone knew of anything I HAVE to see in Boston (been there before on layovers but never to visit), and where I can get a relatively cheap room on hotels and stuff. Thanks for the imput!! :)

Depends entirely on what you like to do. One of my favorite stops is the New England Aquarium (there's a subway stop for it, named "Aquarium," appropriately). Amazing tank, a neat IMAX theater on property, and more. Very, very neat.

And for lunch and touristy stuff, right nearby the aquarium is the Quincy Market which has just about any kind of food you can imagine, both sit-down and carry-out. Bring cash for the take-out; most of those vendors don't do cards, and the ATM will rape you for $3. :D

Our airline uses the Hampton Inn in Revere, and it was pretty reasonable for us. Not sure if they'll cut you a break if you're not already on contract, but it never hurts to ask.

Last edited:
Sam Adams Brewery tour is pretty cool if you are into beer. The admission is cheap (I think it was a couple of dollars in 2001) but there's free beer! Plus, it's pretty imformative as well. It was right near a train exit so it's easily accessible.

a trolley tpur

I was down there for the Boston marathon on Patriots day and my girlfriend and I took one of the trolley tours. I didn't want to do it at first (didn't want to be a tourist). But it turned out to be great! The tour guides are great and very knowledgable. They have a deal where you can get on and off as many times as you want, allowing you to see the whole city in a day.
The tours offer a free scenic boat tour or free aquarium access too.

It's fun check it out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back