Good, Bad, and Ugly of Flexjet????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the good, bad, and ugly

In regards to the rest rules, they are being broken and the FAA in Washington now knows about it.

I am sure the FAA is jumping on an airplane this very minute to investigate. They do not care unless someone gets hurt and then only about the paperwork.

well, they shut down that TAC fractional recently. one of the reasons listed was that they were not following the rest rules

If you are referring to TAG, I believe it was in regards to operational control issues. Not sure rest had anything to do with it.

Yeah I meant TAG. In the report by the FAA, which was posted on here somewhere, their rest rules, or lack there of, was mentioned.

Club,

We have defined rest rules. Whether they are good, bad or indifferent, the FAA bought off on them. I don't see them coming in now and saying you are operating illegally. But who knows, the FAA suprises people some times.

The big issue for TAG was operational control, hence all of our recent management changes.

CL300Pilot

Yeah I meant TAG. In the report by the FAA, which was posted on here somewhere, their rest rules, or lack there of, was mentioned.

Wankel- I was not putting down Sleep Inns. And, I was not born with a silver spoon! My background is CFII, Freight in the Shorts and ASA before FlexJet. I am happy for the experience but Flex is a glorified regional airline. Sad, really, because I was led to believe otherwise. Thankfully, life intervened, and I am out.

I happen to now work for a company that treats it's pilots like executives, which includes an executive compensation package, i.e. good pay, great pension (not like the bombardier calculation for payout- I know, who knows if it will it will be there), 401(k) with 80% match of my 6%, stock options, and bonus. For clarification: like we should all be treated!

My company puts us in Marriots, or the like, and the meals, including the 15.00 breakfast, are put on the corporate card. No more per diem, Thank God!! All authorized charges are on the card!

I wish you nothing but the best.

Cheers-rum

Wankel- I was not putting down Sleep Inns. And, I was not born with a silver spoon! My background is CFII, Freight in the Shorts and ASA before FlexJet. I am happy for the experience but Flex is a glorified regional airline. Sad, really, because I was led to believe otherwise. Thankfully, life intervened, and I am out.

I happen to now work for a company that treats it's pilots like executives, which includes an executive compensation package, i.e. good pay, great pension (not like the bombardier calculation for payout- I know, who knows if it will it will be there), 401(k) with 80% match of my 6%, stock options, and bonus. For clarification: like we should all be treated!

My company puts us in Marriots, or the like, and the meals, including the 15.00 breakfast, are put on the corporate card. No more per diem, Thank God!! All authorized charges are on the card!

I wish you nothing but the best.

Cheers-rum

No worries I was tired and grumpy....sounds like you have great gig now....glad to hear it !

:)

Wankel

I worked at Flex for a while. It is a very good company with very good equipment and very good pilots. All of the emotional crap here won't change any of that. With a significant pay increase and some improvement in work rules it would be a GREAT place to work. Maybe...just maybe that might just happen.

I'm starting to think of my home time as the part of work that I dont sleep at a hotel. We need to make flex the best job in the industry. Sticky times ahead, not for the weak. This is a good job, lets Unite and make it a great one.

Latest resources

Back