• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good airports to fly into in Florida?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Michelbobs is definitely good. Went there a few weeks ago when we flew into APF. Had to wait awhile for the Crew car to get back so we could use it but it was worth it.

Folding_Expert said:
(APF) That would be Michelbob's. Kick-ass BBQ anything. We give free rides over there, just ask the people at the front counter for a ride if the crew car isn't available (which is also free).

You guys are the best FBO ever! I never had a problem getting a ride or the use of the crew car, even when I came in with an old rent-a-Cessna.

I agree. I was based down there for a month last summer while flying for an aerial photo company. Nicest FBO ever. They would help me tie down my 172 even. Also, nice cold bottled water delivered to the aircraft when you pull in.

You all think Mickelbob's is good?? Not me. I like Spanky's down the road a little bit and on the left. BETTER RIBS, service, price, atmosphere, you name it. Also Cedar Key and Everglades City were two of my favorite XCs when I lived in SRQ. Albert Whitted is also a great choice.

Well guys, I ended up going to KSPG-KAPF-KVRB-KDAB. (5 hrs total)

AWESOME flight. There was a street race in SPG and an airshow at the airport. Ate lunch at the Pier and watched the Extra 300s and F16 do their thing.

Naples was busier than heck. I didn't realize the amount of private jet traffic they get. There were about 4 jets in line to take off after me when I left there.

I took the 182 up to 12,000 feet on the way home which was pretty nice. We were able to see coast to coast very clearly. Didn't make it down to EYW, just because of the headwinds we were going to have coming back.

Thanks again for the suggestions, and SPG was WELL worth the flight! (TPA approach was being a knucklehead with me though)

Naples was busier than heck. I didn't realize the amount of private jet traffic they get. There were about 4 jets in line to take off after me when I left there.

Heh, that's nothing. I've seen as many as 20 jets, sometimes more, waiting to takeoff - not including the ones sitting on the ramp, idling with one engine, waiting for Miami Center to issue releases (ground holds are pretty common down here in the winter, mainly because 99% of the traffic goes north).

Last month we broke an all time record - 17,000 operations in one month. That's remarkable for a municipal airport with a stage I and II ban and restricted to under 75,000 lbs max gross.

So you can imagine how we get our asses handed to us sometimes. ;)

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the trip. Did you do anything in Naples, or just stop in for fuel and a trip to the restroom?

Just stopped in Naples and took a break. But I was suprised with the jet traffic for a Class Delta airport. I had no idea that many million bazillionares flew into Naples.

Latest resources

Back