gold seal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyinTim

I just got my 10 sent up...BUT... i only have 9 87-10's... I lost one, what do you need to prove that you sent up 10?

When I got mine I only showed the FSDO the sign-off record I had kept in the back of my logbook. I had a separate sheet of paper with all the dates and results of my students checkrides but the guy looked at me with a "settle down boy" look and told me that was enough. Because three of my student's checkrides had taken place in the past week they didn't show up on their computer record, but he said he'd take my word for it. I think the documentation required depends on the person you speak with.

What did I get out of it? Besides a little bit of professional pride, when I went for my first airline interview and handed over all my certificates the interviewer said, "Ooooo... Gold seal!" in a somewhat joking tone.

It certainly did not hurt, though...

Sheet of paper with names, dates, checkride, and results of checkrides - make it look professional. They may want to see one for writtens too.

Because I did work in about 4 different FSDOs I included the examiner's name, and their FSDO too.

I assume that at least 8 of the 10 you sent up passed on the first attempt? Don't you also need 24 months of instructing experience too?

Once you get the gold seal, are you gold seal for life or do you have to maintain a 80% pass rate with 10 stud's ever 24 months?

FlyinTim said:
I just got my 10 sent up...BUT... i only have 9 87-10's... I lost one, what do you need to prove that you sent up 10?

The Inspector has computer access to airman records. You need the Airman's Name, (Certificate number speeds the look up process), and what exam was taken, and pass or fail. It can all be done in a few minutes. It helps if your records are complete. I really hate it when the CFI tells me an Airman's name is "Bob Smith" when his real name is "Frank Robert Smith" (as an example). With out a certificate number it could take hours to weed through the 1000 "Bob Smith's in the data base.

JAFI

Gold For Life, however if you want to become a MCFI (Master CFI) it has to be renewed every 24 month.

AA

Latest resources

Back