• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gold Seal Instructor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I personnally would stay and get it. I was very close to qualifying for mine years ago but I let the itch to leave get the best of me. I have always regretted it. You've got the rest of your career to "work" but only a very little time to actually be qualified for the gold seal. I don't think it would add much to the ole' resume but as a personal goal it would be nice to have.

You can go to to a regional anytime......

I would be the last person on earth to rush someone to a regional. But to not fulfill a desire, whatever it may be, to stick around for a "gold seal". Come on. I still give dual in my free time, and noone would even know what this thing(the gold seal, that is) even meant. Gee whiz, I don't even know what it really MEANS. Is this that free set of steak knives I once heard about?

Last edited:
Back in the day, something like that might have made the difference at the regionals. Today, one requires only a pulse.

Having it wont hurt, I have mine and it didnt do anything for me other than when i renewed my ticket. However if down the road i decided to go to the training department something like that may look good. Definitly doesnt hurt.

Having it wont hurt, I have mine and it didnt do anything for me other than when i renewed my ticket. However if down the road i decided to go to the training department something like that may look good. Definitly doesnt hurt.

And if you don't wet the bed tonight, you get another gold seal. As far as getting in the training dept, Gold seal Gold schmel it's who you suck up to.

Last edited:
looks like someone didn't get his .. :D

Yeah, If some F/O tells me he's got a Gold seal. I would tell him that rates a 9.5 on the dork meter, and I'm sorry he's still a virgin.

Last edited:
Yeah, If some F/O tells me he's got a Gold seal. I would tell him that rates a 9.5 on the dork meter, and I'm sorry he's still a virgin.

You know, I once had a captain tell me he had a Gold Seal. I guess his kids were adopted. :rolleyes:

And if you don't wet the bed tonight, you get another gold seal. As far as getting in the training dept, Gold seal Gold schmel it's who you suck up to.

Every qualification you have over someone else will never hurt you. Why not get it? It wasnt hard. It was a free ticket for 2 more years!! And if you called me a dork, I would call you a dork right back DORK!! LOL:nuts:

Latest resources

Back