GoJets? Whats the deal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tarzan

I've searched the forum for it in regionals but didn't find what the real scoop was. Why is everybody so down on these guys? Please enlighten me.

It was created by TSA management (that's "Trans States Airlines") as an alter-ego carrier to specifically do an end run around the TSA pilots contract.

They started a NON-UNION carrier and it will hurt all TSA pilots. Anyone that goes there is a moron and will get what they deserve.

You are now enlightened.

jackbo said:
It was created by TSA management (that's "Trans States Airlines") as an alter-ego carrier to specifically do an end run around the TSA pilots contract.

Well, they did it to specifically do an end run around the Eagle scope clause. It just so happens (by pure coincidence I'm sure <cough> sarcasm <cough>) that when the TSA contract comes up for renewal, GoJets will, if it goes according to their plan, be up and running and ready for whipsaw.

flyer172r said:
Well, they did it to specifically do an end run around the Eagle scope clause. It just so happens (by pure coincidence I'm sure <cough> sarcasm <cough>) that when the TSA contract comes up for renewal, GoJets will, if it goes according to their plan, be up and running and ready for whipsaw.

Nope... they did it spedifically to get around the American Airlines Scope clause and decided it would be an easy way to F$CK the TSA guys come contract time. Sheesh you guys have short memories!

J32driver said:
Nope... they did it spedifically to get around the American Airlines Scope clause and decided it would be an easy way to F$CK the TSA guys come contract time. Sheesh you guys have short memories!

That's what I was trying to say, I just didn't put it so bluntly. Sorry for mixing up the American players, but if I'm not mistaken, wasn't the American scope clause designed to protect Eagle?

(Watch this simple clarification turn into a 5 page argument)

jackbo said:

I know the truth hurts and that is why I am hated..... BUT GoJet was created to get around APA SCOPE limits place on TSA for the American Connetion feed. GoJet will fly for UAL and will be the only UAX airline not limited to 72 or less seats. TSA pilots are upset beacuase their MEC/Union lost this flying.

jackbo said:
They started a NON-UNION carrier and it will hurt all TSA pilots.

GoJet is being voluntarily represented by the Teamsters. The certification vote will occur in mid July. If TSA is trying to get around a contract with a non-union carrier, why would have the company voluntarily recognized the Teamsters? Why would have they TA'ed similar work rules? Why would they not fight organization and say fly these a/c for FAR mins and $10/hr?

Maybe because it was never indented screw TSA. Maybe because they didn't want to lost the Connection Flying. I listened to ALPA and Worth's dog and pony show in STL. It was the same old crap. He said he would not stand for low rates and bad work rules. BUT, he still signed that MESA contract. He still signed the Mesba CBA. Both of which were BELOW industry average in Rates (ex SF3) and rules. ALPA is just trying to back pedal now. The have the entire industry pissed at them from regionals to majors.

GoJet is nothing new in the corporate world. LLC's are nothing new to holding companies. Think about how many product are produced by companies within a parent company. Pilots complain alot. But sometime we need to adopt new schools of thought. If companies can not go out and move into a new market how can it survive. Union thinking is a communistic and not capitalistic. In the FREE market you can take your talents a move on. To better your self. If ALPA can not figure this out like other national unions have (ie electricians, pipefiters etc). Then it will also die.

I really hate to fuel this fire, but these are the truths of this situation. GoJet is a separate company for TSA. Comair is separate from ASA and Delta. American Eagle is separate for American. The list can go on and on.

I know that alot of people here don't like these hard facts.

Unfortunately the truth hurts!

A national union seniority list is the only way I can see to ever fix this problem.

JackFlyer said:
why would have the company voluntarily recognized the Teamsters?

To make it even harder to install ALPA!

Why, if HULAS was such a nice guy, wouldn't he just make the flying one list of pilots. Seems to be heading in the right direction at Wexford Holdings!!!! Why not do the same at TSA.

I'll tell you why since you probably won't admit it. Pure economics. New pilots, no seniority, doesn't have to bargain with ALPA and pay rates that he doesn't want to. That is the only motivating factor for not bringing the ALPA, the TSA Pilots, and their Contract over to HO-JETS. Thats it... money... nothing else.

Jack, you keep saying the TSA MEC lost this flying. Lets hear the story. Give some details.

Make no mistake, GoJet will be used to screw the TSA pilots. They will be used to whipsaw the TSA pilots in upcoming contract negotiations.

You are correct, GoJet is a separate company, but they will be used to harm the TSA pilots. It's Freedom all over again.

Why don't you just admit you are woking for GoJet? If you are so proud of your decision and feel you've bettered yourself then why do you deny working there?

Teamsters or Not.

When TSA starts our negotiations or goes on strike. Our 700 pilots and 70 planes will have more of an effect on Hulas and his bank book than you ever will. GoJets will be one list, ALPA..... and Teamsters will be no more. I hope you enjoy flying in the cockpits with all the guys you screwed over. But hey you'll get a pay raise out of our hard work :D

Last edited:
Pure economics. New pilots, no seniority, doesn't have to bargain with ALPA and pay rates that he doesn't want to. That is the only motivating factor for not bringing the ALPA, the TSA Pilots, and their Contract over to HO-JETS. Thats it... money... nothing else.
It's called Captialism. Welcome to America.
RM

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back