• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GOJET Crew out of KIAD.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You do realize when you kick of a Gojet guy off of the jumpseat you are probably kicking of a furloughed UAL guy. He was furloughed and took this job trying to feed his family after that (Gojet) company (and most of ours) were willing to do his (UAL Mainline) job for less money (myself included). Gojet is an undercutter of regional airlines. Regional airlines are undercutters of major airlines.

It is ignorant to arbitrarily reject anyone from your jumpseat because of their company. If they are on a scab list or something then it is them as a person....not their company....that makes sense. Most of us got hired here for stepping stones to majors. Unfortunately the industry has turned so bad that many people will never leaver regionals. Consider the person.

I hate Gojet and Mesa as much as the next guy but consider the situation of the fellow pilot. Ask if they are furloughed mainline before you kick them off.

In case you're wondering I work for ASA

Yeah, that sucks. As a paying pax I've been treated that way as well trying to get home. I guess no one's safe.

yeah alot of furloughed guys there....be careful. if you ever want to move on. There are CAL,United,USair,ATA,Midwest and others. They are small and can pass your name quickly around. Would suck to stay at a regional if you wanted to move on, because you denied a JS just because. Small industry..just be careful

...more spicy the gate agent was helping my friend get onboad and after pleading with the captain...

I think we all know that this is a lie because of this line quoted above...I've been a commuter before and have never, ever had a gate agent try to help me get on any flight (well maybe once or twice)...but a UAL or UAX agent even acknowledging that I exist, or any other jumpseater, that is an outright lie.

And again, I don't have a dog in this fight. But with pilots (both mainline and regionals) looking for a job right now, it will no doubt bite down the road (a missed flight when you commuting all the way to "Oh yea I remember you when..." during an interview).

Call the inital GJers what you want, it was not right, but it happened. But somewhere after that time, it became a matter of some pilot, from some ALPA carrier trying to care for his family, and for whatever reason the GJ position was the best option. Rest assured that the pilot laid off from his carrier, took a good look at his options before he or she took a GJ class date. And I would venture to say that if they are a layed off pilot, with the potential for recall at theirmajor carrier more than likely they spoke to someone within their MEC or local rep before they did take the position.

But that is just the way I see it ..... I might be wrong.

Sorry about the spelling and grammar again.

Lamar Jones
IAH

don't use the Jumpseat as a weapon. Every airline has oddballs. The jumpseat is not yours to threaten. It's not a political tool.

Trojan

Actually it has been a political tool for many, many years. We're not talking oddballs...we're talking about an entire pilot group who has made life worse for all by helping lower the bar.
I suggest some reading such as Flying the Line parts 1 and 2. Hard fought benefits by men before you have been surrendered and lost forever because nobody will act with guts anymore.
That being said, the whole regional-major airline mess we have now has really made the rules hard to apply as a whole. Go case by case.

Shame on the furloughed guys going to gojet! They don't like getting furloughed then get mainline to recapture "their" flying. Until then we are fighting a race to the bottom at the regional level. If my FOM so to deny then I will deny. There are no clauses to help out a furloughed mainline pilot. They took that risk going there.

Latest resources

Back