Going to TEB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Groundpounder

I'm heading to TEB Tuesday (not HPN, for those of you remember one of my past posts....), I'll be there till thursday sometime. I'm looking to get into the city wednesday, and want to know the best route. We'll have a car, but I'd rather not drive in NYC if I can help it. Subway?

Also, if anyone else is in the area, drop me a line, I'll buy you a fresca.

Depends on where you are staying. There is a bus from Secaucus straight into the city, that's usually what I do. The Sheraton in Weehawken is right on the river and a short ferry ride across into the city.

If it's the Courtyard in Secaucus, the bus stop is right across the street. Bus 320. It'll take you to the Port Authority Bus Terminal within spitting distance of Times Square. You can take the subway from there to anywhere in town.

I like the Weehauken ferry too. Once you make it across the Hudson, buy a ticket on the big red tour bus and use it just like you would a cab. You can see all of "the island" that way plus a tour guide thrown in.

Coool Hand Luke said:
I like the Weehauken ferry too. Once you make it across the Hudson, buy a ticket on the big red tour bus and use it just like you would a cab. You can see all of "the island" that way plus a tour guide thrown in.

My dad and I did the red bus thing last year it was pretty fun. I'm just just looking foward to hiking around the city for the day and seeing if I can get lost.........or mugged, whichever comes first.

Not sure how long you are going to be there, but if you don't feel like going into the city everyday, you should check out Hoboken....many, many places to eat. I highly recommend Authur's Tavern in Hoboken. They have one of the biggest hamburgers I think I have ever seen (especially for around $5.50 last time I was there). Great food and easy on the per diem budget in case you are looking to pocket some extra cash and eat well too.

Great movie theater and shopping in Edgewater just up the river from Hoboken and Weehauken.

You are probably staying at the Courtyard in Lynhurst, NJ. The bus to NY stops right outside the hotel, it takes about 30 minutes to get to the Port Authority terminal in NYC. Cost around $3 each way.

We were up there last week. Got in early, changed at the FBO (Atlantic) and tossed our stuff into the rental car trunk. We left the car at the airport and walked up to the corner of the airport (under the approach path to 19) and caught the 161 bus downtown.

The bus comes every 20-30 minutes (depending on the time of day) and makes it downtown to the Port Authority Transit Station near Times Square in about 30 minutes. 3.10 each way (buy a round trip ticket when you first get on to avoid the lines when leaving the city).

The bus back out to the airport leaves from Gate 303 on about the same schedule as inbound busses.

Latest resources

Back