• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Going to Mexico!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you're going to overnight, stay at The Inn at Loretto Bay. Great place! Free kayaks and cheap beer. Also, there's a good restaurant in town owned by a Texan, he's a great guy...can't remember the name but the food was good. There aren't too many options so it should be easy to find. Not much going on at the airport in Loretto, pretty simple stuff, but I'd still recommend using a handler.

How much should a handler cost?
20% tip?

-small jet
-arrange fuel, overnight parking, customs, taxi, fees, 1pax
what else?

You shouldn't really need a handler at Loreto. Everyone you need to talk to is within 50 feet of each other and they are pretty good at telling you who to talk to. Your passenger should be on his way 15-20 min after landing but allow yourself up to an hour after you land to take care of everything. On departure it can take a while for all the paperwork too, but they will help you through it. It is an airport of entry so you can fly there and clear in or out of Mexico. It's a small airport with a very small GA terminal on the far south side of the ramp. They do have airline service on Alaska 3 or 4 days a week so you might want to time your arrival and departure to avoid the flight or you will be waiting for customs and immigration until they are done with the flight. I think they accept AMEX for airport fees and UvAir for fuel, but it is always a good idea to bring a fair amount of cash ($1000-$2000) because it really all depends what form of payment they want to accept that day. I've been in and out of there about 6 times in the last year so if you have any more questions let me know.

Last edited:
You shouldn't really need a handler at Loreto. Everyone you need to talk to is within 50 feet of each other and they are pretty good at telling you who to talk to. Your passenger should be on his way 15-20 min after landing but allow yourself up to an hour after you land to take care of everything. On departure it can take a while for all the paperwork too, but they will help you through it. It is an airport of entry so you can fly there and clear in or out of Mexico. It's a small airport with a very small GA terminal on the far south side of the ramp. They do have airline service on Alaska 3 or 4 days a week so you might want to time your arrival and departure to avoid the flight or you will be waiting for customs and immigration until they are done with the flight. I think they accept AMEX for airport fees and UvAir for fuel, but it is always a good idea to bring a fair amount of cash ($1000-$2000) because it really all depends what form of payment they want to accept that day. I've been in and out of there about 6 times in the last year so if you have any more questions let me know.

Be very careful about this. As of Sept the law in Mexico changed and most places will not accept large sums of USD. At SJD they have a large sign at the window that says Debit Cards, AmEx and Visa/Mastercard only no Dollars.

ADDS - Mexico TAF

FYI-
You can pull up the Metar for MMLT on ADDS.

http://aviationweather.gov/adds/tafs/

Here's tonight's

MMLT 211743Z 2118/2224 12008KT P6SM SKC
FM220200 00000KT P6SM SKC
FM221800 14008KT P6SM SKC

If you are flying a jet and balking at 200 bucks you gotta ask yourself do I need to make a virgin trip to Mexico on my own.

Use a handler, chalk it up to "educational cost", and when you get there, get eveybodys business cards, emails, and phone numbers. next time call them yourself.

First time? Use a handler

Handler will probably cost you $300-$500 plus all the other fees etc... Maybe more. The nice part is you will be off the airport fast as all the paperwork will be done and all you have to do is sign a few places.

Latest resources

Back