• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Going through security with metal plate in my leg

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just got a plate and 7 screws in my arm and my doc said show the scar and they will understand. The card you get won't work because anyone can falsify it.

I just got a plate and 7 screws in my arm and my doc said show the scar and they will understand. The card you get won't work because anyone can falsify it.

Is your roomie still in jail for all that?

It wasn't because of me that he was in jail but no he got out a couple day's later kinda scary someone like him may be in a plane with people on it though I can tell you his room reeks of bud right now.

I have a rod and screws in my tibia. Set off the detector alot during the holidays. Only happens once in a while other times.

I have 2 plates and 17 screws in my left arm. The Dr said the one plate is the longest metal plate made to be in the arm(this one has 10 screws in it). I also have a 2 inch pin in the scaphoid bone in the wrist. I also have a 6 inch plate with 6 screws in my pelvis. My wife has a 2 inch plate for her broken collarbone. This was a painful motorcycle wreck. I went thru iah and mia with no problems setting off the metal detector a few weeks ago.

Good God, glad to know I am not alone! Right hip, 6 screws with plate and wire around the edge (circa 1990). No problem with security.

Cheers- Rum

Latest resources

Back