Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bell47

shoveling the dream!
What do you guys charge to do 100's, annuals, and repair work in the south. I know it seems to vary alot from airport to airport. Do you charge by the hour or have a set fee for an annual with a hourly price to make any repairs, ect..... I just got a job where I am free to do outside maint. and would like to start doing some annuals on just some small general aviation planes mostly singles with the odd twin thrown in.

It sounds like you are looking to do contract work. The rule-of-thumb for working at a repair station for a contractor is about 1/2 of the shop's hourly rate.
As for working for a company in their facility, some companies have it figured out for you like some kind of union ("this is what our company has allowed us to pay you")

Otherwise, I would not do it for less than $35/hour as a base to start at and go up from there.

No this is just going to be me, doing some maint. on my own. I have another job that allows me to use a portion of a large hanger. I just thought this would be a good chance to make some extra bucks. I kinda figured about 35-45 bucks an hour.

bell47 said:
No this is just going to be me, doing some maint. on my own. I have another job that allows me to use a portion of a large hanger. I just thought this would be a good chance to make some extra bucks. I kinda figured about 35-45 bucks an hour.

Where are you located? I'm looking for someone to help me install a 2nd comm radio, antenna, and change out the existing intercom. Should be easy work, the aircraft is VFR only. Local shops want and arm and leg for what is about an 8 hour install.

Latest resources

Back