Going Hat in Hand to SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mandrake

In 2001 I was hired by SWA and AA. For a couple of reasons, perhaps brain death was one of them, I went with AA--and got axed in the first wave of furloughs. I went back on active duty AF and will retire next year. I'm thinking of applying to SWA again. Has anybody out there gone back begging to SWA after turning down their original offer of employment? How would you handle the situation during a second interview? Is this something I should call SWA about before applying?

I'm non-current on where all the good SWA gouge is hiding on the internet. Any suggested resources would be appreciated. Best of luck to all of you.

Wait till you get the interview to worry 'bout it....

Then if you get an interview that means they will hire you if you pass the LUV test....

You probably got the type. If not, I would to show commitment this time....

Choice

Don't sweat it...you made the right choice under the circumstances. No one wanted to go to SWA, FedEx, etc. back then. Now it's one of the only parties in town, so everyone thinks it's great. It's not.

Call SWA

Call the People department at SWA (especially before you go lay out money on a type). They will give you an honest answer. Good Luck!

Not much chance

We had several guys in my reserve unit in the same boat. SWA told then they would not be considered since they turned down employment. This is very recent as in side a year for both.

Don't sweat it...you made the right choice under the circumstances. No one wanted to go to SWA, FedEx, etc. back then. Now it's one of the only parties in town, so everyone thinks it's great. It's not.

11 years ago, I left a "legacy" carrier to come to SWA....and would have only left for SWA...and BTW...I still think it's great

Tejas

Came to Fedex 11 yrs ago. Turned down interview with UAL.
STILL think FedEx is Great. In spite of recent events...

Past...

Last edited:
I left a job where my seniority was very, very good to come to SWA. It's the only place I applied, and the only place I wanted to work.

Laboule- You have no clue of what you spew.

Mandrake- Did you come to class, or simply turn us down?

No clue? How do you know? I've been slaving away with you here for a long time now. The only place you applied was SWA? Lucky there is one option for pilots with no college, huh?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back