Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
That "Journalist" is the one taking wreckless chances with their writing. I'd like to see Alaska Airlines or the families sue the shizz out of this D-bag. It's impossible to believe that a publication as renowned as the WSJ was willing to print this load of lies and trash. It's despicable. a letter to the editor is in order. I'm sure someone closer the situation will be all over this. It's inexcusable.

Really?

I fail to see what you're getting at. I've been a member since 2002. My life doesn't revolve around Flightinfo. You've only been here since 2004. but have 5 times as many posts.

Well this should be a lesson to every member here then. I only asked one question. Why is this thread in the Majors forum when a very similiar thread was moved/closed to the Non-Aviation forum? That's it. To me it would be better placed in the Memorial Section.

If you were to look at my previous 84 posts you would not see any such behavior. My only question still has not and most likely will not be answered. Also if you suspend/ban me based on your threat/promise I won't lose too much sleep. I think it would set a precedent not to speak unless you agree with what is being said.

I told you already idiot.. The mods don't owe you an explaination... you just don't get it do ya!... and lets not go into the whole member stat thing.. I see your membership information, I know when you decided to grace us with your wizdom and sensitivity.... Believe me it is best you take off in another direction... you plane is departing.. NOW...

And while I am here, to the other members.. I know some are pretty angry at this poster.. but lets not go in the personal attack direction.. lets just drop it and maybe he will just go away on his own.... if not, then there are other steps that can be taken off line..

CLR4///

Since this thread is so contaminated with allot of BS.. if someone would like to make a post on the memorial section, please feel free to do so... this thread would not be a good example to move there for this family..

For those close family members and friends, I would like to apologize for the behavior of some of our members here. The MODS all have aviation jobs and families to attend to and we are all volunteers, with that, the 3 of us spend as much time as possible scouting all the sections of the Web site, answering Private messages, reported posts and emails during our personal time.

Normally we are able to nip this kind of behavior before it gets out of hand as this one has, but we cannot obviously monitor all the postings as they happen "real time" so our reaction might seem slow or untimely indicating we Condon or don't care what some might say... This is the furthest from the truth, we do this because we do care and try to keep this place on point, civil and sensitive to the aviation community..

God speed to Captain Terry Smith and family..

CLR4///

PS: some quotes from the rules posted way back in 2008 by "way2broke" noted at the top of every section.. just as a reminder::::

Flightinfo.com Rules & Guidelines
The overall purpose of the FlightInfo.com forums is to exchange information, opinions and general thoughts about all aspects of aviation, as well as on selected topics outside of aviation but of interest to aviators.

Generally, there are few restrictions to the concept of free speech where it comes to posting on this board; history confirms that most sentiments posted on the forums fall well within the guidelines listed below. However, Moderators will not tolerate certain actions, statements, or icons that fall outside acceptable limits.

Remember that this message board is not a democracy. It is our goal to maintain a forum that will allow all members full participation but within normal limits of civility.

The Websitemaster and Moderators have sole discretion as to the determination of propriety and content of all posts entered onto the board. Consider them the Supreme Court of FlightInfo.comthey may be old, young, ugly or good looking and seemingly arbitrary, but they are benevolent rulers of Flightinfo.com and can and will take action as required to maintain a civil content and appearance.

The areas outlined below contain expected behavior by all participants. Failure to comply with these may result in editing, warnings and/or banishment from the forum:

Everyone is encouraged to read this post as a reminder of all the rules we know most everyone here already understands and follows..

Last edited:
That WSJ article is the worst thing I think I have ever seen. I am shocked and angered that one of our pilots would talk off the record and say such lies about Terry. The Smith family was deeply hurt and offended that one of our pilots would say such lies. Who ever said these things obviously never knew or flew with Terry. I imagine it was probably some young punk who is mad that he is displaced to ANC right now, someone who hates the culture of this base, someone who doesn't have a clue how to fly the jet unless it is hooked up to LNAV / VNAV, someone that took a cheap shot at a dead man that meant the world to many of us. Lord help you if your identity is ever found out.

The best advise Terry ever gave me - "strive to fly like poetry in motion".

Godspeed Boss and thanks for all that you did for me and for the base.

Dear AK737FO,

Please don't lump those of us who have been force-based to ANC into a group of haters. I can only speak for myself and my friends who have been displaced, but none of us are anti-Anchorage. We are anti commuting and we don't lay the blame on the pilots who were already based in ANC. We know the blame lies with the company for furloughing our junior guys and playing musical chairs with the bases.

The pilots I've flown with in ANC have been great and I can say that I've forged some real friendships up North since October 1, which is more than I can say for the 3 years I spent as an SEA pilot.

But, I digress... the comments made about Terry were awful and I cannot believe that anyone among our ranks would talk to a jerk "journalist" and WSJ and provide them with fodder for such a terrible article just 4 days after the accident. My comment to that individual as well as the journalist would be that Terry didn't get to the age of 62 (almost 63) by being a reckless cowboy pilot, especially after all those years of flying the bush. There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

I did not know Terry. I had spoken to him on the phone once when he was the acting FODO that day and he was nothing but a true gentleman.

Everything I know about Terry is that he was a gracious individual, a true gentleman, AND an outstanding aviator.

If we ever find out who said all these things about Captain Smith, trust me, I'll be in line right behind you to belt him.

RIP Captain Terry Smith.

Baze

Last edited:
Hey Clr4,

Perhaps you should read and post the TOS on personal attacks and using creative spelling to circumvent the filter? I am not defending him, but how can you moderate a board yet violate its guidelines?

Ah yes.. I did lose my temper a bit.. called him an idiot and an azz.. I missed the ss.. for that i'm sorry and give myself a warning for the membership.. Of course ass and damn is not on the George Carlin list of 7 words to never use.. I guess I should have used Abbreviation like most do here in the texting generation.. like STFU....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back